Alaska

Knot role call

Hi Knotties,I'm Sarah and I'm planning my 2010 wedding in Alaska but live in Vancouver, WA. I've been trolling on my local board but I can only get so much advice from there when I'm really needing help with  AK vendors, logistics, etc. There hasn't been a lot of activity on this board so I thought I'd see who else is planning and wants to share ideas. Peter and I are getting married outside of Anchorage at my uncles lodge next September. I have an idea on what colors I want to go with but I'm needing to start locating some vendors: flowers, linen rental, chair/table rental, minister, photographer, videographer.Who all is out there?

Re: Knot role call

• edited December 2011
    I guess this board is empty. too bad. I will be checking back every now and again.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey girl. Yeah both alaska boards here and on thenest are always slow! But you can contact me at folphotography@yahoo.com and ask me an question about vender and anything else, a great place to start is the Alask Bride Mag online here is the link: http://www.alaskabride.com/ they have lists of vender and pretty much any info you are going to find for alaska. What lodge does your ucle own? Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the link Mrs.Streff! That seems to be a great resource.As far as I know, my uncles lodge doesn't have a name. It's really just his home and he is nice enough to let us have our ceremony and reception there. We do however, need to find a retal company for tables, chairs, linens & place settings since we won't be using a wedding venue.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Sarah! My name is also Sarah. I am a meeting & event planner in Alaska, and we do destination weddings. For more information you can check out our website at www.alaskadestinations.com. I am also getting married next summer in Alaska. What lodge does your uncle own? Thanks, Sarah
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not from AK, but just got back from a big trip up there.  We got e-pics taken while we were up there by Joe Connolly of Chugach Peaks Photography and the few that we've seen so far turned out amazing!You can find his recent photos and a link to his actual web page with pricing and all that here:  [url]http://www.chugachpeaks.blogspot.com/[/url]GL!
    Vacation

Vacation
  • ElibrideElibride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am beginning my planning I don't know many vendors neither
  • edited December 2011
    My name is Amanda and I am just starting my wedding planning for June 2011.  I live in Alaska near Anchorage and am planning on having the wedding here so family will finally come and see what this state is all about.

I'm in the beginning stages, but would love to help however I can.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards