Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Seriously...email or call me

I have been emailing and phoning reception sites and no one is calling me back. This does not give me a good impression of these places! When I have received a few calls, there already booked for October 2010. This is harder than I thought. I just need a reasonably priced site where we can bring in our own caterers. We would love to have polish food (as we are polish) but all the halls I contact don't respond. This is getting frustrating...does anyone have any venues they'd like to suggest? Thanks for letting me vent...now off to email some more!

Re: Seriously...email or call me

• Options
    heather_rae90heather_rae90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could check out the venue FI and I are having our reception: [url]http://www.hitchingpostevents.com[/url] . They're pretty popular, though, and they might be booked already as well. Doesn't hurt to look, though! It helps if you're open to Friday or Sunday dates as well.Good luck! I'll post some more ideas later, I'm off to bed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, but too expensive for us:-( very cute though:-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi I am Polish too.  I know for the Polish Halls you have to be a member of them to throw a party.  You may not have to be a member at 5th st to rent though because they where advertising on the back of the church bulletin.  When you are calling the Halls you have to call in the evening like after 4 p.m. because thats when they are open for the members.  They are not open during the day.  Otherwise there is Knights of Columbus which is reasonable and depending what KC hall you choose they have dinner and drink packages.  Or your other option is to rent a hall and get it catered.  There is "That Polish Girl" catering (she did 5th st hall catering last year for Pulaski Days) or Adeline Leigh has good prices and she has some Polish food on her menu.  Pulaski Days is first weekend of October and all the halls are open to the public.  That will give you a chance to check them out and maybe make some contacts.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know you can rent the polish halls and we go to Pulaski Days every year, but when I call at night, they don't answer. It's wierd. I talked to Paul from KOC once, and now I can't get ahold of him after 4 more tries! I'm pulling my hair out. 5th street is another one that I have been trying. Thanks for the suggestions and I guess I will keep trying!:-) KOC has a special right now where if you use their catering, than the hall fee is waived, and the price per plate is $19.95. (FYI for all knotties!) That's why I have been trying him over and over again. Wish me luck:-)
  • Options
    glitzyglamglitzyglam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you aren't looking to get married until October 2010 but I'm going to cancel my contract for June 26, 2010 in case you are interested that day will be open for sure.  Paul is nice to work with but very difficult to get ahold of, he's usually at KOFC in the evenings.  Their internet special is an amazing deal, if we weren't getting an even better deal for a different venue we would have stayed with KOFC.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You didn't mention where you were looking so I thought I would suggest Foundry Hall ( www.FoundryHall.com ) in South Haven, MI. They offer two rental options, the longer slot being 8am-2am. You can bring in your own caterer or cook your own food and bring in your own alcohol - all for only $800!! We looked all over the west side of the state, from St. Joseph to Traverse City and they were the best option we found. Plus, the building is beautiful and Andru, the events coordinator, is just awesome and responds quickly. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    heather_rae90heather_rae90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out Mosaic Space ([url]http://mosaicspace.ning.com/[/url]) or the Greenville Community Center?Greenville link:[url]http://www.ci.greenville.mi.us/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={1B3DAE4D-3EB1-4760-A05A-D7FB78598CED}&DE={4A5F7667-CC28-4811-B5AB-E473D33224DD}[/url]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!:-) Mosaic had some pretty rough reviews and greenville is a bit far:-( I am still hanging onto Paul!...I left him another message yesterday....His prices are sooo reasonable!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MarellaK: Thanks for the suggestion, but it is a bit far. I would like to stay in GR or around there, 20 min away from Sparta area or so.:-) Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    St. George Banquet hall was very reasonable and if I remember correctly you could bring your own caterer.  It's by Catholic Central.  The woman who showed us the space was very nice.  We didn't go with them and I just threw away all of the info, sorry!Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards