Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

allow myself to introduce...myself: )

Hi ladies! I've been lurking on the Pittsburgh board for a little while now but haven't really posted anything yet. I'm relatively new to the knot boards and still haven't decided if they're my thing yet and have def not mastered the lingo and abbreviations yet...Anyway fiance and I have been engaged for 10 months now, and the wedding is August 6, 2010 (seems so far still but I swear it seems we were a year and a half out just yesterday...) Getting married in my hometown church in Washington County and having the reception at the Doubletree in Moon Township.My dress is gorgeous (but whose wedding dress isn't?) and the color scheme is rainbow. All my bridesmaids are wearing the same dress in a different color of the rainbow which is awesome because I get to incorporate a lot of color into everything: )So I'm sure you'll hear more details and find out more about me as time goes on and I post more frequently. I'm excited to find out about your weddings and get ideas/opinions from you all. From what I've read in the past few weeks, I def like the localized Pittsburgh board better than the other general ones...

Re: allow myself to introduce...myself: )

• edited December 2011
    Hi & Welcome!Pics of dress plz!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  Nice to 'meet' you!  Rainbow is so different!  I'm excited to see some of your pictures and hear ideas on this!  so... pic of your dress?  please?? lol- welcome to the board!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome!  Do you pics of the dresses? :)
  • McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  Thanks for the intro!My best friend is getting married August 7! :)
  • elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congrats! Rainbow sounds like fun. Pics of the drss that the Bms are wearing would be cool to see to, along with this gorgeous weddin dress you speak of :)
    image.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!  Glad to know where we stand in the Boards!And just to keep it going, dress pics please!  :)  (no pressure, we just love dresses!)
  • lildiva1977lildiva1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome!  Rainbow--how different--do you have a specific theme? WHich colors of the rainbow are u using?
  • themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    rainbow?

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    edited December 2011
    I ♥ you, Stacey! haha.Welcome to the board!  Glad to see our board is one of the better ones!  I like it alot.. haha. But yes, pictures please!

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• edited December 2011
    Hi everyone!This is a link to my dress...http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?line=m&pageSize=100&page=1&style=S5223I'll post the BM dresses next...
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful dress! What color sash? Rainbow? ;-P
  • edited December 2011
    You weren't lying--gorgeous dress.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just want to add to my previous statement that there are a lot of ways to add color to your wedding without putting your girls all in (what I'd assume is) between 4 and 6 different colors.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • edited December 2011
    Here are the BM dresses http://www.billlevkoff.com/#/9/bill-levkoff-bridesmaid-dresses/bridesmaid-dress-style-301/895/I have 5 BM so they'll wear pink, peach, yellow, green and blue. Didn't have another close friend that I wanted to ask and I wasn't asking someone just so purple could make an appearance...but the blue is kind of bluish/purplish so it can count for both: )
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, welcome, and congratulations!  You're getting married on my fiance's birthday :)I love your dress!  That lace is very pretty.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
    edited December 2011
    That dress is very gorgeous! I love Maggie dresses!
    image.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the compliments: ) The sash is white. Stace - totally agree with the color comment. I've seen two primary colors chosen with a few different accent colors in previous weddings I've been to.Rainbow is also a bit special to me though because my mom had a rainbow wedding as well. I hadn't heard of many in my life but apparently they are becoming more popular according to my florist?
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!  I love the thought of a rainbow theme!  And I love your dress choice and your BM dress choices! Looking forward to hearing more details!
  • edited December 2011
    I like the idea of a multi-colored wedding like that.  As long as the colors are all complimentary, I think it will look good.Very pretty dresses - we used Bill Levkoff as well - my BMs each picked their own - I think my MOH actually chose that one.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can appreciate that your mom did a rainbow-colored wedding, unfortunately, this is what I think of..[img]http://williams-photos.smugmug.com/photos/66508042_BAdS7-S.jpg[/img]  You could very well prove me wrong.  I've never seen it done well but maybe you could be the first.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • edited December 2011
    Support homosexuality and get married at the same time!  love it!  seriously tho- totally an ally over here! Very pretty dress tho! I'm also a big fan of Maggies! I almost went with one (in bio)
  • edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome! Your dress is lovely... as for the rainbow, I'm not sure of my opinion on it, but it's your wedding, and if you love it then that's all that matters. There's a pic on my photog's site that is of BMs in differently colored dresses. Here's the link if you're curious (not sure how close these colors are to yours) http://www.thomasgrahamphotography.com/tgp1_32.html
  • SteelrsGrl92SteelrsGrl92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi. welcome :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    jackson - you're right - from the photos of your BP it looks like your MOH either has the same one or one really similar...stace - hahahaha oh man do all those colors together hurt my eyes...my colors are muted so they aren't going to be jumping out at you quite like that...
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL, I will have faith, but only because your wedding dress is so beautiful that you clearly must have some sense of style.  I like that you aren't scared away by my biitchiness.  Welcome!

11-15-08
    12-1-10
    edited December 2011
    Stace- I was fearful of those colors too! Dang!
    image.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome!  I LOVE your dress, so pretty!  I like the BM dresses too-I'm doing tea length as well-think it's more comfortable for summer weddings.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Kim, the rainbow pix you posted is actually really pretty!  It looks like the muted tones.  PRETTY!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That BL dress was on my BM list too, but my girls picked other styles.  Did your girls fight over what colors to be?  I'd have to call not peach or yellow!  ;)I hope you continue to post - I want to see how it comes together!
  • edited December 2011
    Kim - the colors aren't quite that muted but I think that because the dresses are tea length and satin (as opposed to the flowier material in the photo) it will all work out. Plus it's give some individuality to my girls which I like (I let them pick their colors...so glad they're as easy going as I am and there weren't any color fights)And I guess if it doesn't work out like I planned I can always get all the BP photos done in black and white....lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards