Florida-North Florida

Bridal Shower Locations

I'm trying to help my MOH find a location for the bridal shower since she's not in Tallahassee.  So, does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap location to have a bridal shower in Tallahassee?  There's only one BM in Tally and she hasn't offered her house, so my MOH obviously doesn't want to ask if she can have it there.

Re: Bridal Shower Locations

• katiek200katiek200 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are all your bridesmaids hosting it together (IMHO they should.) They then need to talk about splitting costs, and maybe at that point your MOH could broach the idea of having it at her house? I hate the idea of spending money on a location for a shower.
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    None of my other BMs have offered to help my MOH, so right now it's just her.
  • brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could always give your MOH their email so she can contact them herself and ask for their help. Some people don't know how this stuff is done, especially if you are one of the first ones in your circle of friends to get married.
    edited December 2011
    Well, 2 out of 3 of my bridesmaids are married and my MOH has been a BM in a gazillion weddings.  I sent out a facebook message to all 4 of them letting them know my MOH was planning a bridal shower up here and that if anyone would like to help than to contact her.  It seems like it's just going to be her, so I'm trying to help her plan as much as possible since she's 4 hours away.
  • edited December 2011
    does your apartment complex have a clubhouse you could use or maybe your MOH lives somewhere that has a clubhouse?Also, I don't know what your BMs budget is for this but they might want to check out Little Italy (in same shopping center as the Winn-Dixie off of Magnolia) I know they have a private room there for parties and they have a lot of outdoor seating.  We had our RD there outside and it was great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    My complex does have a club house that we might be able to use.  It's connected to their office though and I don't think there's a door separating the two, so if we had it there we might have to have it during office hours.My MOH lives in Tampa, so that's not an option.
    edited December 2011
    And I will definitely check out Little Italy.  Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    You might want to check the Mockingbird Cafe in Downtown Havana.  I almost hosted a bridal shower there and I've heard it's very sweet.  There's also a place in the north end of town behind Fresh Market called Mon Pere Et Moi and there used to be a place called Jade back there too, but that may have closed.OH!  Check out Goodwood Plantation.  It's on Miccosukee Road just east of Magnolia behind the hospital.  There is a restaurant in there, I can't remember what it's called, but it would be so cute for a "ladies lunch."  The food is great and it's a beautiful restored historic home with the tables set up in individual rooms.  Perfect for a bridal shower, IMO.  Hope that helps!
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Abby!  I'll check all those out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards