Colorado-Denver

Advice- Coming to town to wrap up last minute things :) Kinda long

So our wedding is just 4 months away and it seems like its going to fly by (esp with the holidays!) I thought Id ask your ladies' advice before coming out there since we probably wont be able to after this last trip. 1. So we are meeting with the wedding planner at the venue to go through centerpieces, table settings, table cloths, etc... 2. We are meeting with a baker for a cake- Babette's in Fort Collins. Which I think were quite a bit late on finding a cake so I hope shes good because I havent found any others (except cupcakes and we dont want those)-- If you have suggestions of bakers in fort collins lemme know I can squeeze in a tasting or aleast a phone call! And that certain bakery that gets blocked from every post that starts with an S we cant do them :( anways getting long winded here!... 3. Meeting with our DJ since weve only been conversing via email and testimonials (JR Productions) 4. Meeting with 2 different officiants- Kevin- Marry Me In CO and Regan- Lyssabeths 5. Looking at florists... we need one was actually thinking about doing our own. Were just having bouquets and boutenniers. Dasies- white. maybe some hydrangias... ideas?? I think thats it. I feel like everythings late since were out of town but its working out and its just getting the loose ends tied up.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Advice- Coming to town to wrap up last minute things :) Kinda long

• edited December 2011
    We used Colorado Rose Cake Co. based in Berthoud, just a little north of Loveland. Our cake they make was amazing! I don't know prices because they were included in a package we had but I highly recommend them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • softbalangelsoftbalangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Kevin with Marry Me in Colorado. When we met with him he was so easy to talk to and had some good ideas. As for a florist we are using Linda with Finishing Touches and she is based out of the Loveland/Fort Collins area. So far she has been great to work with and has had a lot of ideas. I'm also planning from out of town so I understand how you feel. I will be making a trip up there in October to finish up some things.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Just a warning about hydrangeas, they are very delicate and need water like fish or they wilt, esp. in our dry climate. If you have your heart set on hydrangea I would recommend one of two things: leave it to a professional florist or learn how to keep hydrangeas fresh leading up to and during your wedding. Hope you get a lot of things tied down while you're here!
  • bethanytamarbethanytamar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi There! I was born and raised in Fort Collins, and I'm getting married here in 5 weeks! Babette's Feast is absolutely AMAZING! You WILL NOT be dissapointed. Babette is from France and has owned a bakery in Ft Collins for several years, and makes very impressive works of art that taste amazing! The only reason I am not using Babette's is that she is a little pricy. If I remember correctly, I believe she charged $4-$5 per slice. Unfortunately that was too high for how many people we are having. I found a lady who also makes delicious and beautiful cakes for only $3/slice. Her name is Katrina King of Katrina's Cakes and Creations in Fort Collins. Just google her company name (in Ft Collins) and send her an email if you would like to set up a tasting. She's got lots of photos on her website. As far as flowers go, I thought for most of my planning that I would do my own. I work with a lot of weddings at Marriott and I saw that Palmer's (Ft Collins' best) ALWAYS did an absolutely stunning job. After a lot of contemplation, I decided to go with them for my own wedding. With Palmer's, I let them do all the planning, and I just tell them what I do and don't like, and they do all the work. I have no doubt that it will be absolutely beautiful. Please let me know if you have any questions pertinant to Ft Collins' wedding stuff. I have done my research over the last 8 months and I'm sure it's hard for you to plan when you're not here. Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Bethany- thanks so much Ill definately have to look up Katrina's cakes! Thats one reason I dont want to go with Babette is the pricing but my mom says she doesnt really care but Im sure she will once the bill comes :( so thanks for the name. I also LOVE Palmer flowers so Im going to be seeing them and Paul Wood too while Im out there :) IM really excited about everything its just hard to tie up the loose ends from 1600 miles away! THANKS AGAIN!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards