Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Hyatt Cambridge

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone plan to have their wedding/ have been to a wedding at the Hyatt in Cambridge, MA?  I recently went to look at the Charles View Ballroom and its BEAUTIFUL...the only problem i have is that its on the smaller side, (max 180) and Im inviting 175.  I was wondering if anyone knew how this venu was?Smile

Re: Hyatt Cambridge

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was at my friends wedding there in August, she had about 175 and it was plenty big. She also had it in the charles ballroom with the cocktail hour in the empress. The hotel itself was a litte outdated but the wedding was great and the view amazing. Also duringt coclktails they have like a sliding door out on a balcony overlooking the city, pretty cool.

Other than that, food was good, service was good. The only thing that was not the best was that the bar set up was outside the ballroom so you had to leave to get a drink, but again, not a huge deal.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ! 

They are renovating the hotel now so hopefully it will look nice when its done.  Do you remember what colors your friend used? I was hoping on having purples and blues...but the rug in there is red! yuck...I was thinking maybe some blue lighting will make it look more purple....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding there. Plenty of pictures and review in my BIO.

The red carpet was a sore sight at first, but no one will notice it. Especially if you have 175 people in the room.
  • Options
    BostonGirl82BostonGirl82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in October and have the same concerns as you- we are expecting between 170-180 guests. Keep in mind that on average, about 20 percent or so of your guests won't be able to make it. I am sure it will be fine and not too tight. The views won me over as well, and so far I am very happy with my wedding coordinator.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards