Nevada-Las Vegas

What should I put with the Invitation?

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I have been on (Moving, wedding stuff, and school). I am getting my invitations ready to ship out and was curious what I should put with them. I have the invitation and the response card and envelope. We are having an at home reception where I am making separate invitations for. I feel like it is Vegas so I don't need to add local hotels, or entertainment ideas...

Maybe you guys can help....

Thank you =)
imageAnniversary

Re: What should I put with the Invitation?

• bcschumanbcschuman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering this same thing!!! Thanks for posting it!!  I, too, have the actual invites and the response cards.  We have a wedding website and room block information that I think we will print up on nice cardstock/stationary and send that as well.  I feel like I am still missing something!
  • edited December 2011
    I have the invite, response card & envelope, and reception card. Once I get the RSVPs back, Im gonna send something..maybe a 3fold brochure with iternerary and contact numbers and such.
  • aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sent our wedding website with the STD's and aren't sending it with the Invitations.  We are only sending the RSVP card (unless the guest has already RSVP'd to us on our website).  I get annoyed when I get wedding invite and 15 pieces of paper fall out.  The pocket invites are nice, but still more than 3 MAYBE 4 pieces of paper (even with the pocket invite) is unecessary IMO. 

And whatever you do don't send the registry information with the invite!  it seems fairly common to me but its really poor ettiquette in most peoples opinion and I agree.
  • aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_should-put-invitation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:3da30892-5a62-47f7-a589-0b362d448600Post:afbde793-4c32-4264-a128-8c878ca532ab">Re: What should I put with the Invitation?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have the invite, response card & envelope, and reception card. Once I get the RSVPs back, Im gonna send something..maybe a 3fold brochure with iternerary and contact numbers and such.
    Posted by junebug61103[/QUOTE]

I think this is a good idea...a separate mailing with information and contact #s for confirmed guests.  We plan on doing it too.  Something simple that they can take with them.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies! I don't feel so bad now with only the invite and the response card and evelope. I am sending out my save the dates today!!!! So excited. Maybe I should write up a contact/Information sheet... Hmmmmm =)
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I had the promo code for the hotel written on my invite, but it was a boarding pass invite so we made it fit into the theme. I just sent the invite, RSVP and return envelope. I will print an itinerary with entertainment info, contact numbers, ect once I know where dinner will be (not booked yet, eek!) and send those to only RSVP'd guests.

Good luck!
    Charity
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm mailing mine out this week too!! yay!! Hopefully we won't get any surprise RSVP's!! Or atleast not a substantial number.
  • direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'll have the invitation, response card and one piece of cardstock with our hotel group block info and another reminder of our website address.

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• edited December 2011
    We did passport invitations and included a page with events (hosted and not hosted) and also hotel and flight information and links. We have all this on our websites but a lot of my relatives live in the outback and don't get great internet reception and also for the oldies who don't use the internet.

• sunkissed364sunkissed364 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_should-put-invitation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:3da30892-5a62-47f7-a589-0b362d448600Post:5873c984-fe1b-4de1-a7ed-9316b90e1cd0">Re: What should I put with the Invitation?</a>:
    [QUOTE] And whatever you do don't send the registry information with the invite!  it seems fairly common to me but its really poor ettiquette in most peoples opinion and I agree.
    Posted by aegrish[/QUOTE]

When exactly and how do you send your registry information? I had friends asking me about it but I didn't want to put it on the invitation!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_should-put-invitation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:3da30892-5a62-47f7-a589-0b362d448600Post:4dc77445-0ae8-4d3f-8583-d8646381e2ca">Re: What should I put with the Invitation?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What should I put with the Invitation? : When exactly and how do you send your registry information? I had friends asking me about it but I didn't want to put it on the invitation!
    Posted by sunkissed364[/QUOTE]

Spread the word or put it on your wedding website and send a card with that information (which can also be useful for hotel accomodations and what not).    IMO, spreading the word is the way to go though. I have asked the bride's or grooms family for registry information before if I was unsure, or the bride herself.  People have asked my FI's mom for ours already. 

And I don't think guests will hesitate to ask by any means if they plan to get a gift.  Not saying it's not possible you won't end up with a few random gifts...I had a friend get a $100 gift cert to CRACKER BARELL instead of CRATE AND BARELL from an 80 year old aunt...bless her heart for trying to be generous. 
  • direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_should-put-invitation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:3da30892-5a62-47f7-a589-0b362d448600Post:4dc77445-0ae8-4d3f-8583-d8646381e2ca">Re: What should I put with the Invitation?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What should I put with the Invitation? : When exactly and how do you send your registry information? I had friends asking me about it but I didn't want to put it on the invitation!
    Posted by sunkissed364[/QUOTE]
    If someone is throwing you a shower, the registry information can also be included with the shower invitation since the idea is to "shower the bride with gifts."
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards