Moms and Maids
Options

Shoe Options for a Beach Wedding

I need to purchase some shoes for a beach wedding next month. Flip flops just aren't quite what I want - not sure what would be the best option? My dress is a ocean blue tea lengh. I found the cutest silver shoes and got them but now realize they won't work on the beach -- but will for the reception. What is the best type of heel to where - wedge? Need your advise!! One more thing -- I'm not a sun worshiper so I'm pretty pale. Several people have mentioned the self-tanning cremes. Has anyone had success with those? Thanks!

Re: Shoe Options for a Beach Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry - I meant heel to wear?? Dana
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd do barefoot on the beach because any kind of shoes short of sneakers annoy me on a sandy beach.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a beach wedding i did a wedge I was happy. Just do not do heels
  • Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore barefoot sandals.  They're like jewelry for your feet!  See my wedding slide show, or look here--I wore the sterling silver ones, but there are much less expensive options, too: http://www.ladybead.com/index1.html
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    TruchanaTruchana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd wear a wedge or flip flops.  Have the cool shoes for the reception.  No one is even going to pay attention to your feet, especially if it is only for a short while for a wedding ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards