New York-Hudson Valley

Photographer/Florist/DJ suggestions

Hi...this is like my first post, but I would really like some suggestions for photographers....AND florists....AND djs--haha, basically everything.  We are getting married Oct. 6th in Pawling, NY and we are having the reception in Sherman CT.  Does anyone know any people in the area that might be good or have any recommendations? I would really appreciate any and all suggestions :)

Anniversary

Re: Photographer/Florist/DJ suggestions

• We're using Nick Carter (out of New Rochelle,) pretty much our first choice! He's got a lot of experience, was very personable and relaxed but professional when we met him. He really got what we wanted out of our photography and his prices were terrific.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm using Krgin Photography, and Aida the owner is absolutely incredible. I was in a wedding where she was the photographer and she had such a special relationship with the bride, which I now have with her too, and the photos came out amazing. My DJ is Jimmy Dee, and I highly recommend them as well - so easy to work with and they do tons of weddings. For flowers, I'm using Monica Chimes - she is definitely a little on the pricier side but the pieces she creates are wonderful, and she'll work with you on budget and your ideas!
    Anniversary
  • Since you're getting married, check out Ashley Therese Photography.  She's really wonderful! We're down to choosing our photographer, and it is between her and someone else.  Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Photographer- EID photography.  Elissa, the owner/photgrapher is AMAZING!  I used her for my November wedding and she did an awesome job.
    Florist- Lucille's floral.  Lucille did an absolutely beautiful job at amazing prices.  She was far cheaper and much more responsible then Ranita Productions which I also visited with.  ( I mention Ranita so you beware if you are thinking of using them.  Ralph the owner is a very slimy kind of guy)  Everyone loved the flowers.  Gorgeous!
    DJ- not well known but I went with Marc Topaz.  Everyone loved the DJ.  My mom said people kept asking them for their cards.
    An extra-  I used wedding paper divas who were not only much cheaper for invitations but everyone loved the invites. 
    Good luck and Happy Planning!
  • do you live in pawling?  I do...small world

We used Majestic Studios for photos...Mark and his team were great!  We had our wedding in LaGrange but he came to my mom's house in Pawling and I have seen some pics of others he has taken there.  He is very close and is just great.

For DJ, we used Spinning with Style ...DJ Bri is so easy to work with and did a wonderful job. 

If you have other questions...message me
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Photographer- i second Majestic studios, im using him for my wedding Oct 13th, my sister used him in 2008, he is awesome!

DJ- Jimmy Dee

Florist- westchester floral
  • 1st off...congrats!!!

EID Photography all the way!!!  Elissa is amazing!  She did our engagement pics, has done pics of our German Shepherd the past 2 Christmas', just did a budiour shoot with me 2 weeks ago and is doing our wedding.  LOVE HER!!!  Also for flowers I recommend Rosemary's Flower Shop on 9D/Main St in Wappingers.  She wasn't pushy, and gave us every single flower that we wanted under budget where all the other florists I looked at were $2000-$3000 OVER budget!  DJ Domenic of DJ Domenic Entertainment is also wonderful & works with you to really create what you want!  Best of luck in your planning.  If you are thinking of meeting with Elissa I would do it soon seeing as she books up quickly...we booked her a 1 1/2yrs in advance and our wedding is the end of April.
  • Florists...The Annex Florist is also right in Pawling.  They did a beautiful job for our wedding (both our families have used them over the years for many occassions).  Might be worth a very local florist.  They were great about budget and suggesting flowers to fit them.
  • Thank you guys!

I don't live in Pawling right now, but it is the church we attend, so that is why we chose it for the ceremony. 

I have looked into your suggestions but apparently my date is very popular because pretty much everyone is already booked!

I will continue my search and thank you all for your suggestions ;)
    Anniversary
  • Amazing photographers are:

Florist: www.stewleonards.com - great quality, amazing prices.

DJ: I haven't book mine but I hear good things about DJ Melee
    abc
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_photographerfloristdj-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:83b1c12e-1af1-4314-adf5-6b641202f302Post:d109a7ce-8388-4e71-8a84-5b91c7bb01a3">Re: Photographer/Florist/DJ suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you guys! I don't live in Pawling right now, but it is the church we attend, so that is why we chose it for the ceremony.  I have looked into your suggestions but apparently my date is very popular because pretty much everyone is already booked! I will continue my search and thank you all for your suggestions ;)
    Posted by bnk2012[/QUOTE]

This IS what happened to me with photographers which is how I ended up with Majestic studios.  Your best bet would be to email a TON of vendors to see if they are available for your date and go from there!
  • we used Jimmy D as our D.J they did an AMAZING job!
  • https://www.facebook.com/weddingvendorshv

Check out this facebook page all wedding professionals in the Hudson Valley
  • https://www.facebook.com/weddingvendorshv

Check out this facebook page all wedding professionals in the Hudson Valley
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards