African American Weddings

Bridesmaids Gifts

Not sure if I've asked this before, but what are you buying for your bridesmaids as gifts?

So far I've purchased each of them a chocolate brown/gold clutch from Aldo's. A journal for them to pen thoughts. Finally I'm on etsy.com now & trying to decide between personalized wine glasses for each girl ($5), or candles with a handmade henna design personalized for each girl ($8)...

Your thoughts....

Re: Bridesmaids Gifts

• edited December 2011
    I've only been engaged for a month and my wedding is just over a year away so I have no clue as to what their gifts will be...however, I like the sound of the personalized wine glasses. My girls and I occasionally will do a girls night in and there is always wine on deck. :)

SN:  Thanks for the email...your invitations look great! I will be contacting Melody soon if I decided not to DIY my save-the-dates and will definitely be speaking with her about my invites.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    ILast year I found the cutest diamond heart necklaces on sale. They are not blinged out, just a few small diamonds, but it was such a steal that I had to get them. I think they were like $50 bucks. In addition to that Im jgetting the the usual bp tank tops. And Im paying for whoever wants to get their makeup done.

I love the wine glass idea. But im a part time bartender and a drinker. So I might be just a tad bit bias lol
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing a monogrammed tote bag.  Inside will be a black clutch purse (to match their dresses), a silver photo keychain, a black mirrored compact, and a black pashmina shaw.

I like the candles.
  • edited December 2011

I'm giving my girls rhinestone bracelets and my matron of honor a rhinestone-covered trinket box that is in the shape of a mailbox--i had it engraved with "Love, Hope, Laughter... You always deliver!"

• edited December 2011
    For your girls, I would do the candle instead of the glass, unless it's a set of them. Someone gave me one glass as a gift and i can't stand that it because it doesn't fit with other stuffs and is lonely in my kitchen. LOL.

For my girls, I thought I wanted to do the coach wristlets and bath stuff but I don't like the idea anymore

Then I wanted to give them each a Tiffany necklace. Not doing that anymore... Long story!

Then I thought I would pay for their -pick in- shoes for the wedding and their hair and make-up, but I didn't want them to feel as though it wasn't a gift but something for my wedding day.

I am thinking now that I may get different gifts to each of them according to their likes (jewelry for one, shoes for the other, spa massage/facial for the 3rd... and I can't figure out what to do with one of my sisters. She's too d@mn difficult to please)

So obviously, I haven't figured out what I will give them, but I am thinking about it...
  • edited December 2011
    PinkPanther, I love the wording of the engraving!
  • winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @pinkpather, love the wording too!

I don't know what to get!  I may get something different for each of the girls.  We'll see...
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011

I'm making gift baskets for my girls. So far I have gotten them pashmina shaws, pearl jewerly sets (earrings, necklace & bracelets), picture frame (so they can add a picture from the wedding)nail polish, and a basket for everything to go in. But I am also added the personal glasses I was going to do a local store in my town but i'm going to look on etsy to!

Philip && Tinya 12.11.10
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I really like the personalized wine glass idea, but I'm bias because I'm going with a wine theme for my wedding....but Mypasmita is right, the one glass may get lonely, so perhaps you should go with the candle.  I am getting my girls totes, jewelry for the wedding, wine tasting for dummies booklet (not that I think  they're dumb or anything, but it's a helpful lil' book with facts about wine), wine toppers, wine charms, and a minature bottle of wine.
  • ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    $25 gift cards to Bath & Body Works and also a spa day with luncheon. We all have been through some crazy stuff lately so I thought this would be a good way for them to unwind and we can all connect.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought a few things for my bridesmaids.  I made their jewelry for the wedding day, bought them pashminas, and I bought them wooden engraved jewelry boxes which I placed the jewelry in.  Each item was under $20 too.  I think my favorite though was the engraved jewelry boxes I bought on ebay for $15.  I got to personalize them with their names and a saying. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Also,  the pic I just used is a stock photo off of ebay.  I used different sayings to match my BM's personalities.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    OK ladies, well now that I've read your gift ideas... I'm totally scratching the wine glass or candle idea.

My wedding has a black love movie theme. I like the idea of the engraved jewelry boxes & personalized totes.

any other suggestions for me? Any place on the web in particular I should visit. Trying to stay under $20 per girl. I also have 4 hostesses as well.

Deb
  • edited December 2011
    I would say giftcards. Me personally, I don't like a bunch of "stuff".
  • edited December 2011
    I did a waffle knit robe with their initials monogrammed on it and a gift certificate to a popular spa.
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DSTBride I absolutely loooooove your wedding theme.  My FSIL is getting married soon and I suggested your theme to  her.  I like the engraved jewelry box too.  Soooooo cute.  If I think of anything I will send you a PM.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards