Texas-Austin

Invites

So, I have a question. What are people's views on wedding websites being put on invitations? -Is it okay to put the URL on the invitation? -Should you make a separate card and put the URL on the card? -Should you just not go there in general? I still have awhile before I need to order invites. I was just wondering the general consensus on this issue. Thanks!
planning bio
"My favorite color is fluorescent beige."

Re: Invites

• foxandsocksfoxandsocks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is the website for information on lodging, things to do around town and other things along those lines? If so, I would make it a seperate card to be placed inside the invite. What most have an issue with is if you have a card directing guests to where you are registered at.
  • edited December 2011
    The wedding website has information about how we met, the engagement story, members of the wedding party, things to do around Austin, photo galleries, directions to the ceremony/reception, and registry information. The registry information is where it gets kinda fuzzy in terms of etiquette...
    planning bio
    "My favorite color is fluorescent beige."
  • selinacvselinacv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We put the wedding website on one of our inserts (either accomodations or reception info, don't remember) and said something along the lines of 'for more info, go to www'.  The registry information is on the website but we weren't putting that detail up front in bold or anything.  For the non-internet savvy ppl, we are depending more on word of mouth  for all wedding info or direct calls to me or FI.
  • edited December 2011
    We did just like Selina. We put "For more info, please visit..." across the bottom of both our insert for accommodations and the one for directions.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto PP - I put my website info on the map/directions insert card. I would not suggest putting it on the invitation itself.
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards