Wedding Etiquette Forum

Really bad baby names

Saw this one on Facebook earlier.  SoozN, as in Susan, and calling her SoozE, like Suzy.  Suddenly, my name, Lesleigh, doesn't seem so bad!

Re: Really bad baby names

• The Le-a one has always made me laugh. I have a FB friend who named her son Jaxon (Jackson). That gets on my nerves.
  • I had a student named Moises (Moy-ses). And of course he was a little hyper so I was constantly having to say his name in class!
  • People who spell kids names differently annoy me. You know, a K instead of a C, an I instead of a Y etc. Its just setting the kid up for a lifetime of correcting people.
  • There's a kid at my school named Khristyie...yeah...
  • I have a student in my class named Thanieeyah, pronounced Tania. 
  • Moises is the Spanish version of Moses if I'm not mistaken.I see terrible baby names all the time. Most of them that make me stabby are the ones where a perfectly normal name is spelled with uneccessary consonants. Probably the most different one was a kid named Life. His brothers were Universe and Legend. He shared a nursery with Destiny and Eden. I called that the nursery of heaven or something--all those mom's were on something. Well, that mom wasn't even all that hippie/new agey, so I have no idea what was up with that.I've heard that Le-a story so much that I question it's validity, though it's funny. Lots of those 'omg can you believe they named their kid (insert some stupid hick name or some ghetto name or some mispronounced curse word here) have been passed around for literally decades.
  • Oh and a facebook friend named her kid Alize. Maybe she says it like Eliza--don't know. But naming your kid after liquor is never a good thing.ohandplusalso, we had a kid named Jizzella. Like, Gisella, but with jizz. ick.
  • That's nothing. My friend and her DH named their son Havyk. (Gosh, I hope she doesn't knot...)And it's supposed to be just like it's inccorectly spelled, havoc. When she told me that was the name, I seriously snorted and asked her if she was for real. Sadly, she was.I feel bad for the kid.
  • Moises is also the hebrew version of Moses.
  • I've heard that Le-a story so much that I question it's validity, though it's funny.yep, i knew i'd see le-a/ladasha in this thread.  seems like everyone knows someone who knows someone with that name.  same with shithead. not buying that there's that many ladashas and shitheads running around.
  • My son's teacher at daycare is named Tekila. Pronounced Tequila of course.
  • I've heard that Le-a story so much that I question it's validity, though it's funny.yep, i knew i'd see le-a/ladasha in this thread. seems like everyone knows someone who knows someone with that name. same with ***. not buying that there's that many ladashas and shitheads running around. And Oranjello and Lemonjello. Those always make me embarrassed for the person swearing to me that they know the kid.
  • haha, i was just going to post that next on the schedule are lemonjello, oranjello, and female.  who's slacking on female?common people, let's get some new mockworthy material.
  • [i]I had a student named Moises (Moy-ses).[/i] This makes me think of the word "moist" which makes me gag.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My husbands sister is notorious for stupid baby names. Her daughter is named jazzlyn (so everyone calls her jazz), and her son is named raiden. I personally think those are stupid white trashy names.
  • Raiden sounds like a Street Fighter character.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I wouldnt be surprised if that was the influence. The worst part is she had her son in April and named him that, and one of my husbands cousins had a baby 2 weeks ago and ALSO named it raiden. what ever happened to naming your kid robert or steven or something.
  • On Toddlers & Tiaras last week there was a kid named Sparkal Queens. Her mother actually said when she didn't win, "Well, if there had been a prize for best name, she would have won." She should have had her tongue cut out during labor to prevent thatshit.
  • Jaxon (Jackson). That gets on my nerves. My friend from high school just named her baby Jaxn.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Raiden reminds me of radon which is not good at all.
  • My brother went to school with a kid whose parents couldn't decide between Lester and Moe, so they named him Moe-Lester. What's worse is that he actually went by his full name instead of going for a nickname.
  • My brother went to school with a kid whose parents couldn't decide between Lester and Moe, so they named him Moe-Lester. What's worse is that he actually went by his full name instead of going for a nickname.That is just wrong...
  • there was a chick on some TV show we were watching and she was maybe 22 years old, blonde girl named Joe'l pronounced Joelle.  Yeah ok.  Why?? It's not cute.
  • My little brother had both a Shadow and a Wolfgang in his class last year. Salt- The word moist makes me gag too. The worst pairing of words ever- moist crevice.
  • we had a kid named Jizzella. Like, Gisella, but with jizz. ick.Seriously? That's child abuse.
  • haha, i was just going to post that next on the schedule are lemonjello, oranjello, Sigh. I'm sad to announce thet there are twin boys from my hometown with these names. I believe they were in my sister's class, two yrs behind me. I'll ask her for their last names so i can dig through the yearbook tonight and try to scan in some photos for proof. They were reeeeeeeally bad kids. My mom worked at the school and they gave her hell.
  • There's a little boy in my aunt's classroom named Sh!tthead. First day roll call was fun! lol It's pronounced Shi-theed but the spelling is absolutely horrible. He's going to grow to hate his parents
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know someone who named their little boy Jaxon as well.My niece's name is Kendall...my sister has to spell it out for people constantlyLet's see....at daycare we have...TriptanO'Sean GannonAverie (Why not Avery?)Kyan (Like the pepper)LinkenGageCorwinThose are the only "odd" ones that I can think of right now
  • Gage, Corwin and O'Sean are all surnames transferred to given names. Not too bad in my book.Raiden is from Japanese mythology. Still, I think of Street Fighter every time I see it too.I'm such a freaking name nerd. I don't mind unusual but legitimate names. Made-up shiit pisses me off, though. On his last project Sean was in charge of a group of artists in Shanghai. They all decided to choose "American" names for themselves to make communication easier with the folks here in CA. The names they chose:RockStingBacon
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • This made me realize that all the stories I heard growing up about lemonjello and orangello and shithead are most likely crap!HOWEVER, about a year ago some woman (from the town I grew up in) named her twin sons Brett and Favre. This was on PTI on ESPN, so its totally true.I would be super pissed if I was Favre.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards