New Jersey - South
Options

Flowers for readers?

Is everyone doing flowers for the readers and gift givers the day of?  I'm still undecided if I need them since I"ll need 5 seperate things.I'm getting them all a gift for the rehersal dinner but wasn't sure if the flower is something your suppose to do

Re: Flowers for readers?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting a corsage for our one reader who is also FI's godmother...the two friends that are readers aren't getting any flowers.If I was having a full mass, I'd probably get the gift givers flowers of some sort.
    BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • Options
    nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a full mass...I just wasn't sure if there is a reason too and is it worth the extra $125 it's going to cost to get them all pin on corsages
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't say it's mandatory...but it's something nice to distinguish them from the other guests as being a part of the ceremony. Ultimately you could get away without doing it for any of them if you really didn't want to spend the $.
    BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't... they received gifts, and we listed their names in the program. In our case, our 3 readers were all friends (aged 25-30) and IMO, a pin-on corsage seems like an old lady thing. Haha...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do flowers for our readers or gift bearers. It's too expensive and like eb said...kinda an old lady thing. We got them gifts for the RD and are mentioning them in the program.
  • Options
    nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking they were too old ladyish too and it's b/w a pin on and a wrist and that's even worse :) Thanks...I think I'll skip them since I'm buying them gifts at the RD and their names are in the programs
  • Options
    lilylowlilylow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had three readers and didn't get them flowers.  We gave them each a gift at the reheresal dinner and listed them in the program.  None of them seemed upset that they didn't have flowers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did flowers, but 4 out of 6 of our readers/gift bearers were our godparents and we would have gotten them flowers anyway. The other two were younger - I asked the girl what she wanted (pin or wrist) and she chose wrist and wore it all night, so I think she appreciated getting flowers. The other younger person was a guy and he got a bout.I do not think it is necessary, so if you do not want to do it, I doubt anyone will say anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards