Jewish Weddings

DIY beach chuppah

Re: DIY beach chuppah

• edited December 2011
    would you be using one bamboo stalk for each corner or would you use many tied together? They are only one inch in diameter which sounds a bit too thin for me, especially since they are very light. How about attaching 3 or 4 together at each corner?
  • dsm111509dsm111509 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm that is a really great point. I didn't think about how thin they would be. I think I am going to look for some thicker ones. Do you think 2" would be enough?
  • edited December 2011
    its not so much the thickness probably but the density. I think typcially it is metal or wooden rods. I have a bamboo bench at home and the rods are like, paperthin/super lightweight- hence the super low price online. I think 2 inch may be good but the question is whether it is steardy enough to hold up a cloth 8 feet in the air, especially if it gets windy on the beach. Are you staking down or are their poll holders? holders would probably work as they could control it
  • dsm111509dsm111509 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to be using Tulle, which is very light - so I have no doubt that they would be able to hold it up. I was considering cememting the poles in buckets and burying the buckets in the sand - having pole holders just isnt our style. :)
  • edited December 2011
    yea, that may work! Also consider using buckets filled with sand or rocks (as you can arrange that on location whereas with cement you would have to do it before hand and transport). Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards