Indiana

NWR: Home Security Systems

Hi all- looking for some reviews/advice! FI and I have been looking to get a security system but are unsure which to get. Anyone have any good/bad experiences? I heard soemwhere that ADT is easy to break their frequencies or something? That's the only good or bad thing I've heard about ANY of them. Any advice is appreciated!

Re: NWR: Home Security Systems

• edited December 2011
    When we were looking someone told us to ask how the signal is transmitted and where the line goes. Because, some of the ones that go through your phone line can easy be disabled on the outside of your house by cutting the line.
  • PhotoMotoPhotoMoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Back in Boston we had Brinks (not brinks anymore) and we never had any problems with them.  Of course, no one ever tried to break in either, and it was already installed so we didn't shop around.
  • danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We have Circle City Alarm in Indianapolis.  We liked it because their service/monitoring is actually IN Indianapolis and not farmed out to other states.  So we're supporting a local business and they know what's going on in our area better.  Like if there's a bad storm and our alarm goes off, they would know it's likely from the storm and be able to judge it accordingly.  We've had it for several months now and had no problems at all.  It went off on accident once because my H entered the wrong code to turn it off (like 3 times), and they called immediately to check on us. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My FI used to work for Koorsen Security. It's a local business that has branched out to become somewhat regional.  I don't know who does their monitoring, but they usually run instillation sales, so it might be worth looking into.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards