South Asian Weddings

Well, it's official

I made masala dosas for lunch today. Well, actually he made them last night, and the chickpea stuff was leftover from then, but I fried the dosas today and DH said that mine were better than his. I think I'm now officially an Indian wife :)
Baby Birthday Ticker
Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w

Re: Well, it's official

• edited December 2011
    woohoo! thats awesome....we really need to start a recipe thread here .
  • Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow you're a much better Indian wife than I am :-)  I don't have the patience for masala dosa.  The whole process takes forever, so major kudos to you! I totally agree about starting a recipe thread!  I'm always looking for good recipes. 
  • edited December 2011
    I only wish I had the guts to try to make a dosa.  I love them, but they look so complicated.BTW, my husband is not a "vegetarian food" fan.  Is there such a thing as a meat-filled dosa?
  • Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wdc - my DH is the same way!  He needs to have meat with practically every meal and even though we're both South Indian, he rarely eats the food.  He always says dosas never really fill him up.But speaking of meat filled dosas and for everyone's entertainment - google or youtube "Quick Gun Murugan".  It's a move (I think Tamil or Telegu) that came out last year about a "Vegetarian Cowboy".  The whole premise of the movie is that he fights to protect the cows in honor of vegetarianism.  He tries to stop the villian from building restaurant that serves the McDosa (a meat filled dosa).  It's completely ridiculous and hilarious, as most South Indian movies are!  We've been trying to find the movie so we can watch it, but have found some really  funny clips online!
  • edited December 2011
    You are putting us, or at least me to shame!  I guess it doesn't count that I bought the ready made batter!  (and they still looked a bit "odd")
    ExerciseMilestone
  • PamelaGtoBePamelaGtoBe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mmmm i love masala dosa!!! and i agree on the recipe thread....i have been transcribing fmil's 'recipes' (can't really call them that, as it is "some of this and some of that with a pinch of this and taste it til it's right") and would love to share them once they are put into user-friendly form :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards