Florida-North Florida

SHAPEWEAR QUESTION

Hi, I have my first alteration appt. coming on Oct 15th. The lady said I have to wear the shoes, and the shapewear or corset that I'm wearing on my wedding date. So, I have the shoes, I have the slip, but i don't have the shapewear/corset. So I'm shopping for one. And need recommendations. I won't go for the corset that they sell at the bridal store because it is two thick and adds 3 inches to my waist. So I decided to go with a shapewear. The questions is which one. I'm between DR. RAYS SHAPEWEAR, LIPO IN A BOX, and SPANX.....I'm leaning toward the Dr. Ray convertible suit since it comes with a bra... If anybody has worn any of these please let me know your comments about the product. Thanks!!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: SHAPEWEAR QUESTION

• edited December 2011
    I bought a long line (but short since I am) backless bra from Sears (believe it or not for $25 - I am sure it is made by one of the big names for them) and Hanes bottoms (fakes spanx from Target for $15). I liekd the Hanes better than the Assets bran as they did not seem to roll as much and felt more supportive.This works perfect with my dress asn I needed the support, but would feel locked in a 1 piece suit, and can ditch the Spanx later in the night once pics are done (and it is dark and no one will see my belly...lol). Many of the long lines were too long for me since I am only 5-4. I was able to get both in white.
  • toblave13toblave13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm...I haven't used anything but Spanx. I love them but I can't compare them to the others. I need to think about this too...the back of my dress is so low that all the longline bras I've tried on still show...I'm hoping they can just alter it so I'm plastered in and don't need one, haha.
    imageDaisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary
  • duncanpowersduncanpowers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just make sure that whatever you use, you can sit and stand comfortably in them and breathe well. Other than that, it's whatever brand fits you best. I bought a long line bra at Dillards but then ended up having cups sewn into the dress and liked it much better.
  • edited December 2011
    Here is the one I got (except I paid a lot less). My dress is a low back halter and this is way lower than the dress. Also, it looks short here, but comes down to my waist...lol.  http://www.starduststraplessbras.com/valmont-longline-strapless-molded-cup-bra-22.html
  • brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had cups sewn in my dress.
  • dianadvargasdianadvargas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll go check at Sears and Dillards... can you only buy spanx online???, or there is a store that sells them???, I would like to try them on before buying them.....Thanks for all the ideas guys!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards