Florida-North Florida

There goes that idea...

We prefilled our guests names on their RSVPs so that they would know who was invited. I just got an RSVP back from FI's uncle and on the bottom he wrote "Cassie will be attending too.". Who the hell is Cassie and why do you think she's invited? He could have at least indicated a meal choice for his univited guest. I'm sorry, it's not been a great day and that just topped it off...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: There goes that idea...

• janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well that's annoying.
  • brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WTF. Are you gonna call and tell them Cassie can't come?
  • toblave13toblave13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh...that would have pissed me off on a good day. Does FI have any idea who Cassie is?
    imageDaisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    People truly baffle me. Before I ever even thought about planning a wedding I knew that this was rude. I'm dreading this part of the process more and more each day.
  • edited December 2011
    if that happened to me i would call and say sorry cassie isnt invited.
  • edited December 2011
    Jodi-  I did the same thing (names written for each invited guest) and this has happened to me not once, not twice but 4 DIFFERENT times. I don't get it. I really don't and it's frustrating. Especially since those 4 rsvp's are trying to add 5 more people to our already "trimmed" guestlist.  It makes me so mad. Why should you be able to bring a plus 1 that you are NOT in a serious relationship with... while some good family friends didn't get a invite since we had trimmed the list so much!I'm sorry. Right now I'm telling people that due to occupancy issues and budget concerns that we might not be able to accommodate their additional guests, we will let them know closer to the wedding if we will be able to accommodate their plus 1's but hope they will be able to attend no matter the outcome.UGH. Sorry for the rant. It just makes me so mad.
  • WAshley10WAshley10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah that would piss me off on a good day - I would DEFINITELY be calling fi's uncle....well having fi call his uncle, and tell him no freakin way because of occupancy and budget issues.  AND you don't know her what is wrong with people?!
  • jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry it took me so long to reply, my laptop crapped out.  I've got FMIL working on the uninvited guest.  We *had* a little wiggle room but if people don't start RSVP'ing no I don't know what I'm going to do.  grrr...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards