Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Need some rustic ideas for wedding...

Okay so the FI and I have decided to go with a rustic/western look for the reception. We took our engagement pictures today at a farm with a pond (plus we wore our cowboy boots) so it truly inspired us! So now I'm on the hunt for decorations, cake ideas, and invitations. Anyone on here did the western/rustic theme or look for their wedding? Any ideas?
Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need some rustic ideas for wedding...

• Hi!  Do you want a western theme, or more of a shabby chic look?  I know that lace and burlap are popular for rustic shabby chic weddings, and I think it is very cute. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    This a local wedding featured on Style Me Pretty that I really liked. http://www.stylemepretty.com/texas-weddings/2012/03/26/lightning-c-ranch-wedding-by-mcgowan-images/ Other ideas: burlap and lace, wildflowers in mason jars, mason jar table numbers, milk glass, wooden plaques/signs, chalkboard menus. Check out Pinterest too for ideas.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_need-some-rustic-ideas-for-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c70be03f-9fe3-4924-8127-a2a245e88692Post:0c973aad-98ca-49eb-93c8-18c382c3786d">Re: Need some rustic ideas for wedding...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi!  Do you want a western theme, or more of a shabby chic look?  I know that lace and burlap are popular for rustic shabby chic weddings, and I think it is very cute. 
    Posted by nextrightthing[/QUOTE]

Well I guess you can say we are going for more a western cowboy look. Our wedding colors are sunbeam yellow and a platinum shade of grey. So of course sunflowers would be great! I love the mason jars look...but I was considering maybe plastic ones. We would like cowboy boots as our cake topper, and for the main table centerpiece we want to do cowboy hats!
  • I think sunflowers in mason jars with maybe a burlap overlay or table runner would be really cute. I actually like that alot better than cowboy hats--I can't really picture that as a centerpiece.  You could have your BMs wear short dresses with cowboy boots. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_need-some-rustic-ideas-for-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c70be03f-9fe3-4924-8127-a2a245e88692Post:1fe1c9de-dfb3-47a1-9ae7-2ec754903b34">Re: Need some rustic ideas for wedding...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think sunflowers in mason jars with maybe a burlap overlay or table runner would be really cute. I actually like that alot better than cowboy hats--I can't really picture that as a centerpiece.  You could have your BMs wear short dresses with cowboy boots. 
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

I love the idea of the BM's wearing short dresses with boots! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards