Military Brides

A little blue...

I'm feeling a little blue today. FI has been in training at Campe Lejeune, NC since the end of July (he PCSed to Miami, FL from here at the end of June, though) and I've been patiently waiting on orders to move out to Miami to be with him when training ends at the end of this month. Well, first of all, headquarters is taking FOREVER to get me my orders, so it's looking like I won't be able to move till beginning of November at the soonest. Which is right around the time he's due to go back to training in SC for six more weeks. We'll be lucky if we even get to spend Christmas together. Then he's getting deployed just after the 1st of the New Year. I feel like a whiny child here, but it feels like it's been so long since I last saw him and I'll only get to see him for a few short weeks before he deploys again. :(Ahhh such is the life of a military bride.
25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
my currently-reading shelf:
Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
Photobucket
"Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
**FOR SALE NOW**

Re: A little blue...

• heathxoxgqheathxoxgq member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Phew. I wish you the best, and I really hope you get to at least spend SOME substantial amount of time with him! I've learned, and I've learned fast. Being a military bride means you just have to sit there and take it. :( It sucks. But, it's all worth it... just remember that! Don't worry! You don't sound like a whiny child! <3 Cheer up && I hope things get better!
  • angelsmileangelsmile member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So you'll be a dual military family?  Wow, more power to you!  They typically don't give a tinker's damn about fiancees...they don't exist.  So his orders and yours don't take that into consideration.  That sucks a LOT but hopefully it will change when you get married.I know it's a little late at this point, but would doing a JOP help at all in the future so you'd have the legal stuff all done?
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, it would really make a difference in the military's eyes if we were married, especially when it comes to finances and orders, but we didn't want to rush into marriage just for me to get orders (that's what happened with my first marriage, and I ended up divorced from a narcissistic alcoholic). We'd rather just bite the bullet financially and take care of things how we had originally planned before he got orders that sent him away. Even though I have to pay to get out to Miami, it'll all be worth it to be back with him again.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards