Military Brides

Poll: Past, Present and Future

Answer which pertains to you:Past: Married-What is your anniversary? (Both JOP/Vow renewal if applicable)-What was your favorite thing about your wedding?-What would you have done differently?Present: Planning-What is your date?-What are you looking forward to the most?-What is your least favorite thing about planning so far?Future: Not yet engaged-What ideas do you have so far?-When do you think you'll plan for?-How long have you been with your SO?

Re: Poll: Past, Present and Future

• edited December 2011
    I'll be first to jump in here.... I'm a Present: Planning girl our date is October 17, 2009 (50 days to go eekk!) I'm looking forward to thinking, dreaming, talking about something else besides wedding stuff. Also being Mrs. Z and starting to plan our lives, babies and all! My least favorite thing so far is not having my best friends close to help me stuff invites or get excited about stupid stuff I find on sale. FI tries hard but when I get excited that I got name cards really cheep he just doesn't get excited like the girls would. Lame yes, but just makes me sad :(
  • edited December 2011
    Hey this is my first post on here my FI is in the Air Force. I am in the planning stage and we are getting married on December 12, 2009. I am looking forward to our honeymoon because he found an amazing place in St. Lucia, so I am super excited. The least favorite thing is that he has been deployed for 70% of the planng process, so if I want his opinion at all it has had to be through email. And he he will only be back for a short time before the wedding because his deployment was changed.
  • edited December 2011
    Present: Planning-What is your date?   December 19, 2009-What are you looking forward to the most?   Kissing him for the first time as husband and wife.-What is your least favorite thing about planning so far?  Others trying to "sway" us into doing things we don't want to do for the wedding.
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Future:I know where I want to have it (likely)I'll plan for a few days before we'd have to (i.e. if I get selected for PLC-C next summer, it'll be Dec. '10)One year
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Smudges*MomSmudges*Mom member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm one of the married ladies. . . -What is your anniversary? (Both JOP/Vow renewal if applicable) JOP = May 25th, Vow Renewal = August 5th Both were 2006 -What was your favorite thing about your wedding? Walking down the aisle in the chapel, seeing my husband before me, walking with my dad, surrounded by our family and friends. We also had a low key after-party at the hotel in the late afternoon/evening since the reception was over by mid-afternoon. Oh--and having the Old Guard from Fort Myer do our saber arch was cool too! -What would you have done differently? Hired a different photog, had an evening wedding and selected different dresses for my bridesmaids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Our Anniversary is Jan 23rd.. We are having a renewal since we jop. I am looking forward to walking down the aisle with my dad, and seeing him at the end of the aisle looking up at me. Mmm as for what I would have done different, our jop was romantic and cute.. and our wedding is for the dress, his blues, and the picture memories. I would have taken pictures when we jop also wear a dress, lol I wore jeans, and walking shoes.. lol
  • MrsWilson0611MrsWilson0611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Present: Planning- June 4, 2011- When the officiant introduces us for the first time as Mr. and Mrs. Wilson- People bothering us about why we are having a long engagement - FI is in the Navy and we are at shore duty for the next 3 years so we are fortunate enough to not have to plan around orders, deployments, etc.
  • hegrigsbyhegrigsby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planing tooDate: Jan 16. 2010I think my favorite part will be the first danceI HATE that he doesn't have an opinion about anything! All he says is, I like whatever you want. Which is good and bad! lol
  • edited December 2011
    Presently planning: May 15, 2010 Looking forward to ceremony and seeing family and friends, and of course having my dad walk me down the aisle Least favorite thing is guest list and not being able to send out invitations for 7 more months- knowing who is and isn't coming is making planning crazy because we have so many out of towners- if everyone comes- 210, if people can't come- 140... but then again its a DC/ NOVA wedding and people come to those!
  • edited December 2011
    Whoops! I guess I should answer my own poll huh? :)Past: Married-What is your anniversary? JOP: May 26th, 2008 VR: June 20th, 2009-What was your favorite thing about your wedding?Getting to see everyone and finally calling myself Mrs. K-What would you have done differently?More research on vendors (different photographer, videographer and cake) I settled for the first thing that was available and in my price range :(
  • edited December 2011
    Past: anniversary - April ‘03 - renewal Aug ‘10 favorite part of wedding - the laughs we have now … him in harbor patrol t-shirt/shorts, me in cowboy boots/jeans and smelling like horses, pastor spoke VERY broke English so he kept having to stop and ask how to say something J do different - bring someone to take pics, pastor’s daughter took pics but for some reason they didn’t turn out so no pics L Present too: looking forward to - FINALLY walking down the aisle with my dad & celebrating with family and friends
  • edited December 2011
    Okay sorry the J should be a smile and the L a frown ... so hate my computer sometimes lol
  • edited December 2011
    I am a Present: Planning girl Present: Planning-What is your date?We haven't set a date yet, we just know October 2010. His deployment schedule will depict what date we set.-What are you looking forward to the most?Getting both our families together for a big celebration. This is my second marriage, so I'll actually get to wear a wedding dress this time around which I'm quite excited about (my ex and I went the JOP route (we were 19, such kids) so we didn't have a big wedding). I'm also really looking forward to being Mr. & Mrs. Flores.-What is your least favorite thing about planning so far?My FI is really stubborn and refuses to do anything that my ex-husband did at our wedding (garter toss, etc). I can see his point, but it's getting ridiculous. I've tried to talk to him about it, but he won't budge. *shrugs* so I'm basically just having to work around all that and get really creative.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • heathxoxgqheathxoxgq member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little late, I know. But.I'm in the Present (Not for much longer though!) Our date is October 24th of this year. Yes, it's right around the corner!:)What am I looking forward to most? Phew. Good one. Um. Having both of our families together... for the first time ever. He's from GA, I'm from MD. He's doing AIT in MD right now. (Hence us meeting and junk) So,  we haven't had the family meeting each other opportunity....yet!Planning a wedding is difficult. We had to change the date 4 times because of his graduating and being pushed up and then back. And then, trying to find colors that would look good with those Class A's! haha. :P  
  • ishatagishatag member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Present: Planning - FI is Active Duty Army-What is your date?Nov 27th 2010-What are you looking forward to the most?As an army brat marrying a soldier, the thing I'm looking forward to most is getting my ID card back!! No, I'm kiddin. Sort of. Ha!-What is your least favorite thing about planning so far?Fi is not here. We decided on the date with him on a payphone! Also doing the e-mail thing. Oh well, there is still lots of time.
  • edited December 2011
    We're presently planning: Jan 2, 2010 I am most looking forward to seeing all of our friends and family.  Being from a military family and marrying a military man, our families and friends are spread out from coast to coast and border to border.  I'm so psyched to see everyone again!! I recently realized that I have wasted a lot of time that could have been better spent, and will now have to scurry to get things taken care of in the 103 days I have left. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards