Massachusetts-Cape Cod

House Rental?

I am looking to rent a house for my reception. Has anyone done this before with success?? Are there rules/regulations that I need to know about? Also, I am having a hard time finding one that I like. I would prefer to stay on the upper cape...anyone know any good ones??? THANKS! :)

Re: House Rental?

• edited December 2011
    I spoke with a realtor about renting a house on the beach for my wedding. I was told that I couldn't rent a regular house then invite 100 people over for a wedding. She said I'd have to get permits & have port-a-potties because the septic could not handle the increase in guests. She also said that the owner would not be game in most cases. So I was shut down on the rental house option! But I only spoke with one lady, so you may have better luck than I did!! Sorry I don't have better news!! Good luck! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Where are you looking to rent? There is a large house in Orleans...right next to the Orleans Inn. I was on the cape a few weeks ago and they had tents setup some an event. Also we are renting a house in CHatham for our family and wedding party that sleeps 20 or so. They allow for weddings on the property, but only for 75 (i think) guests. I searched 'cape cod estate rentals' and found both of these.
  • edited December 2011
    jayrho- Would you mind if I asked you for details about the house you rented in Chatham?? I'm thinking this may be a good option for my side of the family. Thanks! Cara
  • sunflower20sunflower20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same problems, but I hired Connie Nye Clark of The Perfect Plan, who has several options for private rentals... her website is www.theperfect-plan.comdepending on your budget she may be able to help you. She has been great with all my planning and is available to me whenever I need her.Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards