Florida-North Florida

Need Your Opinion

FI is very good friends with two brothers and their parents. They also have two sisters, one we have never met and one who is around sometimes but we wouldn't call ourselves friends with her. He wants to invite the parents and the two brothers, but not the sisters. Do y'all think this is appropriate or not?I'm sure the sister we have never met would not attend and the sister we know lives in Kentucky so she would also probably decline.

Re: Need Your Opinion

• toblave13toblave13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely think that's appropriate. FI might want to run it by his two friends though and see if they think their sisters would be offended...they may just tell him not to even worry about it.
    imageDaisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I did this so I don't think that you would offend them. Especially if you don't know one of the sisters, and maybe call the other, if you're worried about her being upset.I did it because I just didn't have enough invites to go around so I had to pick and choose. I didn't mean to offend if I did, it's just I want the people closest to me at my wedding. My family is HUGE and so many close friend were already cut off the guest list that I had to make a choice. I could invite the people closest to me or invite family members I barely know, just so I wouldn't offend them.
  • WAshley10WAshley10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's appropriate - if you don't know them, you should NOT feel obligated to invite them to your wedding AND the sisters should definitely understand.  You are friends with the parents and brothers so there isn't a reason to invite the sisters.
  • brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards