Florida-North Florida

Check! Aisle Runner

It's finally done! I am so excited. Picture under DIY in my bio. Took 3 nights total to finish. 1 to trace, 1 to paint the M and I just completed the rest of it tonight. I was stupid though, and forgot to lay down wax paper when I did the M so the paper stuck to the back of it. I almost cried when I went to lift it up and the paper was stuck to the back. I cleaned up as much as I could. The front is intact and you can't tell, So phew!But all is well, and it's drying. Just have to give it a tad bit longer before rolling it up. I am so relieved to have this done. That was a big DIY check.YAY!

Re: Check! Aisle Runner

• WAshley10WAshley10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yay!! it looks great!! we are still trying to figure out where our reception is going to be.  If it's on the lawn I am DEFINITELY doing an aisle runner!
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks great!  I need to finish mine.
  • brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look great, I am dreading doing mine too.
  • toblave13toblave13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Looks great!
    imageDaisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  I dreaded doing mine too. I kept procrastinating and finally decided to do it. I actually took it to work w/ me so I could trace it. Nothing like getting paid to do wedding stuff ;)Also, the paint actually dries pretty fast. So there wasn't really long "lulls" in painting. I did mine on the coffee table so I could be w/ FI while doing it. (and keep an eye on it so the cats wouldn't jump on it) Then when I needed to let something dry or take a break, we would watch tv. (Thank you house and hereos for passing the time! :) ) All in all, it wasn't as bad as I made it out to be. also- make sure if you trace your outline, that you do it very lightly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards