Michigan-Grand Rapids

Bridal Show Saturday?

So...did anyone else go to the bridal show Saturday at Devos? What'd ya all think? I didn't think it was worth the money! Very small...:-(

Re: Bridal Show Saturday?

• edited December 2011
    I went up to, and also thought it was very small. I wonder if it was because it was a Kohler Expo and no WMBA. There were some vendors there I had not heard of yet, which obviosly gives me a few more options, but dont think it was worth the money.
  • heather_rae90heather_rae90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went on Friday, and I too, thought it was a rip off! I walked out of there quite upset..but like chestr said, I did come across some (very few) vendors I haven't heard of yet. It was definitely not worth the $5 (if you had the coupon) per person or $7 for parking. We were only in there an hour! I don't, however, think it was because it was a Kohler Expo, the ones earlier in the year were quite a good size. Next month's WMA show will be better for sure.
  • edited December 2011
    PLEASE let me know the date! What's VMA? Another bride show?
  • edited December 2011
    OOPS...WMA...lol...sorry....:-)
  • edited December 2011
    its west michigan wedding association.. check out their website... ive picked alll of my vendors thru them.  Its a great resource....i believe they have a show in october
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much...I will look into the web!:-)
  • terrijasonterrijason member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went as well and was very disappointed.  It was so small, i think i was only in there for 30 minutes max!  The WMA Show next month should be good, i went to it last year and found so much useful information and was there for 2 hours! For those who dont know about that show its October 16 at the Van Andel Museam.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I thought it was at Devos...or is that another one?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thats the only other one i know about... maybe it is a different one than what you were thinking of
  • edited December 2011
    Well thanks! I went to the WMA website and it doesn't show anything for the museum. Where do I get info on it?
  • edited December 2011
    Well this was the first show I had gone to, and I was really only interested in maybe 3 vendors. Otherwise, it was pretty useless. Why was there a "windows for homes" vendor? It didn't make much sense to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I  really wasn't impressed.  We made it through in 20mins.  
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The WMWA Bridal Show is October 23 from 5-9 and October 24th from 10-4. As far as I know, it's at DeVos Place. That's where it was last time. I don't remember one ever being at Van Andel..?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah, the one terrijason was referring to is the Grand Rapids Wedding Affair, which I've never heard about! Awesome! October 16 at the GR Public Museum. $6 at the door. I can't go though, I have a reharsal dinner to attend. Poooo.[url]http://www.grandrapidsbride.com/grand-rapids-bridal/[/url]
  • Zylstra0884Zylstra0884 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad that I am not the only one thinking that the expo was a rip off.  It was the first one I had been to and didn't know what to expect.  We were there 45 min. and upon leaving my mom asked the lady at the door "Is that it?" I did like eating cake though...
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the clarifications...Yes, the bridal show was a rip off! There was only a few vendors I was interested in and they were so over our budget! Yes, the cake was excellent:-)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didnt know about the one on Sept 23... where is that one advertised?
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and it's October not Sept...:-) HTH
  • edited December 2011
    This was the first show I had been to and we don't have anything planned for our wedding yet, so I found it somewhat helpful.... Maybe that's because I haven't been to a good one yet though!
  • sam09sam09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if the show you guys are talking about at the museum will be similar to the one I went to last fall- but if it is, that was my favorite bridal show of all the ones I went to. Very calm, didn't feel like I was being rushed through or bugged by all the vendors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards