Military Brides
Options

Color choices

My FI will be in his blues, which I absolutely love. However, we are having a "beach theme" (not like a cheesy luau but more like ocean inspired colors). The colors that we have chosen are primarily 2 light shades of blue and light beige/champagne. We will also incorporate various shades for the reception. It has suddenly become a concern that with the lighter sea hues that with the darker color of his uniform that maybe blue is the wrong way to go. Am i having a legit concern, or just overreacting due to other issues causing me stress?

Re: Color choices

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Many of us will tell you the same thing. It will look fine. Any color looks good with the Blues.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep you're overreacting :) It's going to look great, I actually really like your ideas, can't wait to see how it turns out! So stop stressing and get to work, you'll see how it's going to all go so well together :D
  • Options
    ishatagishatag member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you can go wrong with blues!That said, I'm having a destination wedding so I told FI he was exempt from wearing blues on the beach. After the honeymoon we are going to Washington DC for a fantastically patriotic after session photoshoot where he will wear his blues and I'll wear my dress. In a perfect world there will be snow on the ground - a total contrast from our Puerto Rico pictures! He said "That's cheating! I love it."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't worry -- if your FI wants to wear his blues, I think it'll look fantastic. Everything goes, and there's no reason for you to have to change your colors or him to not get to wear what makes him most proud. :) FI hasn't decided whether or not he wants to wear his blues, and it's his choice; if decides the day before to do it, our colors and decor will already be set in stone, and it won't matter. Of course, I hope he decides earlier than that so we don't have tux issues. :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much. I really wanted a destination wedding, but with the way things can come up in the military life, realistically this was out of the question. I can't wait for him to eas, for a destination, since that's currently 2015. I'll just learn to breathe a bit slower before making a drastic decision to suddenly change everything. 
  • Options
    ishatagishatag member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel for you. I am just going on faith that everything will work out for my wedding. And part of the reason I chose Thanksgiving Weekend was because unless he's deployed he'll atleast have that time off. But a lot of it is faith. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards