Wisconsin

Engagement Photos

Hey Ladies! I'm looking for a good spot for our engagement photo session. We're getting them done the first weekend of Oct. Our photographer asked me today where we want to go and I can't make a decision. We want kind of a woodsy look...really want to go to the Schlitz Audobon Center but they close at 5 and our session is scheduled at 4:30. Thought about Grant Park/7Bridges, but my FI doesn't like it. I really want to find somewhere different than Calatrava and Lake Park, no offense to anyone who had photos there. I thought I saw a post on this same subject the other day but now I can't find it...so sorry if anyone has already posted some ideas. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!!

Re: Engagement Photos

• edited December 2011
    What about Humboldt Park or the park where the Cool Waters pool is...They have a lot of trails or places where people can have picnic parties...
  • edited December 2011
    I see a lot of engagement photos being done in the 3rd Ward and also the area near the Harley Museum. Both have a great, trendy, urban feel. Good Luck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    How far are you willing to go? Elm Grove Park is absolutely beautiful and is only about 15 min from downtown.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am going by the 3rd ward. I heard there are cute spots over there!
  • edited December 2011
    We did ours at the Nagawicka Lake beach/public boat launch area in Delafield. They have a small beach that overlooks the lake, a large grassy area, a wooden walking path that goes along the lake shore, plus wooden walking trails through the woods. We did ours the first weekend in November last year and the leaves on the trees, plus on covering the path made for some amazing colors in the shots.
  • edited December 2011
    Another great place I saw (not at all woodsy... but might be interesting) is the light house on the far south end of Summerfest (over by Rip Tide). There's a million parks.... What about Riverside/Jackson park over by UWM (they do a bunch of weddings in a small park just around there... can't remember the exact name!) Big Bay Park (on the north end of Lake Drive before it turns into WF Bay) Theres some great areas along Locust street along that ravene that runs into the Roots area.... I would ask your photographer for additional suggestions. What might look nice to naked eye, may look mediocre to an "artist", and vice versa! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you Thank you!! Ladies those are some great ideas. I just talked to the photographer and I mentioned a few of your thoughts! Bucky I espcially loved the light house!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards