Florida-North Florida

St. Augustine Brides

Hi. My best friend is engaged and I'm the maid of honor! The knot helped me out enormously last year, when I was married and I promised it would help her. She's looking into having her wedding in St. Augustine. I was hoping the St. Augustine brides could give some advice. Where your weddings ceremonies/receptions are being held? How the experience has been thus far? Photographers? Thanks so much! P.S. If there is another board that you think is more appropriate, please let me know! xo

Re: St. Augustine Brides

• brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are on the right board and welcome! I am a St. Augustine bride getting married at The Government House Museum, I have found it to be one of the more affordable but smaller venues offered in the historic district. Another popular one is the White Room and also Casa Monica. We have a vendor review website, check it out:[url]http://sites.google.com/site/neflvendorreviews/[/url] 
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at the Government House in January. The ceremony was outside, and the reception was inside.  I think it's one of the prettiest locations in St. Augustine and also very budget friendly. There are lots of pictures of it in my married bio.  There's also a section listing all the vendors I used.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If your friend is having more than 120 people there aren't as many options.  I chose the White Room.  I really like the look and feel since its in the historic district and right on the bay.  We are having the ceremony on the rooftop and the cocktail hour/reception in the White Room.  The experience has been good so far.  They are very friendly over there.  I'm still working out photography.  Are you from out of town or the Northeast Florida area?  Pretty much any photographer in this area will go to St. Augustine for a wedding.  I have found that the photographers that are from St. Augustine are on the higher end.  Wilsons Photography is from there and they are a little lower than the others and one that I'm looking at.  They have gotten several recommentations from brides on here.  Hope this helps and welcome to the board!Jackie   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Photobucket
    My Start to a Planning Bio
    213 Invited 145 yes and 68 no RSVP Date April 15
  • IslaMessing08IslaMessing08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much. I have sent her all of this information and have convinced her that she needs to use theknot.com... I appreciate it!
  • edited December 2011
    For another option outside the historic district, we booked the Reef (www.thereefstaugustine.com). Its a restaurant few miles north of St. Augustine on the beach. Our ceremony will be on the beach in front of the restaurant and then everyone will walk to the reception on the 2nd floor banquet room. It has gorgeous views and Joyce has been great to work with so far. We plan on having our rehersal dinner somewhere downtown to take advantage of the great historic venues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards