Attire & Accessories Forum

October wedding- looking for autumn color suggestions for bridesmaid dresses

Hi,
Getting married this october 13th. We live in New England so Fall foliage will be pretty much at its peak and the ceremony is outside. So hoping for some kind of fall colored dresses... I just dont know what colors I like. I kinda liked the tea  length brown ones but someone said they were ugly haha so now im open to any suggestions.

Re: October wedding- looking for autumn color suggestions for bridesmaid dresses

• You know, you don't have to match your colors to the season. (I'm also wondering if it's warm enough in NH in Oct. for an outdoor wedding) But when I think of fall, I think of leaf colors; burgundy, orange, gold, brown. I would probably go for long dresses for an outdoor fall wedding. Tea length is tricky; I know it would make me look super short even though I'm average height.
  • I personally love brown. I think its also depending on the shade a forgiving shade to wear. You could do shades of chocolate as your wedding :).

We're going with Concord Grape and Forrest Green.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I am getting married on Oct 6th of this year and we are using eggplant with chocolate brown and orange.
  • Apple Red, Eggplant, Berry, - All are great fall colors!
  • we are using euro wine < its a dark red> our wedding is 10-26-2012
  • I'm not a fan of brown, so I would do something like a darker purple and ivory if I were having a fall wedding.

Anniversary
  • I'm getting married on October 20th in Connecticut- my bridesmaids are wearing Aubergine (eggplant), and the bouquets will also have some burnt orange, a little lime green for accent, and some red.  I can't imagine how they'll come out - but I trust my florist.  LOL!

• babe915babe915 member
    First Comment
    Im also getting married October 13th! My ceremony is inside and were not doing a fall themes at all but the bridesmaids are wearing red. I think that would be really pretty for fall.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also getting married in late October and we're doing dark purple/aubergine accents. Forest green woud also be nice for a fall wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're getting married in late October in NJ and our colors are purple (bright purple, like the color of an Iris) and bright yellow.  I love the contrast between those and my white dress.  I think you can do many colors in fall, maybe just stay away from pastels.
    Anniversary
  • I don't love brown, but do what you love.  I'm doing navy and a magenta for a pop of color.  I didn't want anything too muted or too clearly spring.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards