Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Experience w/ Carriage House?

Hello! I have an appointment to go see the Carriage House in Gonzales. We're looking for a location for ceremony and reception, and I absolutely love the idea that so much is packaged in their per-person prices.I would really like to know if any of you ladies have experience with them and what your honest opinion is. Thanks so much!
Anniversary

Re: Experience w/ Carriage House?

• melissalyn05melissalyn05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not having my wedding there but I did go look at it and think they have really good prices for all that they offer. I am not having my wedding there because we are having 150+ guests and I just thought it was a little small inside for that many people. They include the cake and DJ which is a big plus if you are trying to save money. I also really like the idea that you can have the wedding outside with your guests covered and you in the gazebo. They told me that we could also have our first dance in the gazebo which i thought was kind of cool. They set up tables outside after the ceremony if you have it outside for guests to sit and mingle both inside and out. Also the music plays outside so you can dance out there if you choose. I hope this helps! Oh... also, the lady that coordinates the wedding for you seems very professional and does practically everything for you, she will even set up centerpieces if you have them and pack everything up and put in your parents car after the reception if you want her to.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks, Melissa! We are having around 100 guests, and the size is the one thing people have said stopped them from having their wedding there. Most people I know have had very large weddings. But, that won't be an issue for us.I am really glad to hear that you found the coordinator professional, too. The one thing I do NOT want is my mom having to worry about keeping things running smoothly and making sure everything gets cleaned up. I really want to be able to relax and enjoy the day, and my mom should get to as well. :)I was wondering if they could swap the patio over to a reception area, too. I know some of my older guests will want to go somewhere they can talk and visit where the music isn't loud.Has anyone had the food at Carriage House?
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, they can swap the patio over, remember how I said they bring the tables out after the ceremony if you have it outside? Well you can just opt to not have the music play outside and your older guests could go there, or if you want the younger crowd outside, you could set up the dance floor outside with tables around it and have your first dance in the Gazebo, and your older guests could stay inside. 100 guests is probably the perfect size for a wedding there. They also have a really nice room where you and your girls dress, but no room for the guys to dress. I have recently been to a wedding there and the food it good. I would not say it was 5 star great or anything, but it was what you would expect for typical wedding food, and for the price, you can't beat it.
  • edited December 2011
    The food is pretty important to my FI, he wants good food. But 5-star isn't in our budget, so I think we'll do just fine with a standard menu. A couple of people I have spoken with say wonderful things about the atmosphere at Carriage House, but nothing about the food until I specifically ask. They just say it was fine. Pretty much as you said.
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When are you going to look at it? Let me know how it goes!
  • edited December 2011
    We're going on Saturday morning. I am so ready to have a date for this wedding, I really hope it all works out and we decide to go with this place. :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Well, we just got back! We haven't decided yet, but we really love the location and they do have several dates that we'd be happy with.The only problem, as you mentioned, is the space. It was set up for 100 guests, which is what we will probably have. But there's just not much room for dancing and the space for the buffet line seems crammed.However, the price is very reasonable (considering everything you get!) and Julie was very professional and said that basically FI and I tell them what we want to happen and when, and they draw up an outline and make sure everything goes smoothly. That's a huge deal for me. I don't want to be in charge, I want to be able to relax and enjoy myself as much as possible.So, now we've got some thinking to do. We're discussing whether we could get away with taking 2 tables away if the weather is nice, because some guests will probably move outside anyway (I LOVE the patio area). That would give us more room to dance.I just don't know. I really like it a lot... but we need to talk logistics. Even for a group as small as 100, that ballroom is kinda crammed. Beautiful, but crammed.Any suggestions on making it work?
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know. The pictures on the website make the ballroom look bigger than it is. At the wedding we went to there the dance floor was set up in the center of the tables and the line for food wasn't bad, plus they had passed food items so you didn't go hungry waiting. Are you opposed to having the dancing outside?  We are getting married at White Oak Plantation and we are leaving tables and food in the main ball room and having some tables and the dance floor outside. That is something to think about. But the wedding we went to had the dance floor inside and it wasn't cramped at all. Just some things to think about!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards