Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Rustic Venues Pittsburgh

Hello Alll!

Looking for a rustic venue in or around Pittsburgh PA preferably North of Pittsburgh. I looked at White Barn in Prospect and Armstrong Farms in Saxonburg both so gorgeous but unfortunately out of our price range.

Wondering if anyone knows if the Succop conservancy allows you to use their barn or not? I know they have a Barn on site I just don't know if people use it for reception area? Also anyone know the price range on that?

Anyone have any expereience with Greystone Fields in Valencia and know the price range on that?

I've also seen Betsy's Barn and 1805 Harmonist Barn. If anyone has any experience with any of these places or if anyone has any suggestions that'd be great! Hard to plan on a budget but you gotta do what you gotta do!

Re: Rustic Venues Pittsburgh

• I can provide you with some information on Succop and Greystone Fields.

Succop: You do not get use of the barn.  I thought that you would too from the looks on their website, but you don't get to use it.  I can't remember if they use it for storage??  I'll give you the prices for Saturay, it is obviously cheaper on a Friday or Sunday or holiday.  For 100-130 people: $73.95/pp and 131+ is 64.50/pp.  This includes food (1 specific caterer), tables, linens, china, etc. You do get to use a house they have there... for appetizers and cake, getting ready, etc.  The reception area is a pavillion with tent like sides, wooden dance floor.  It is very beautiful there.  I was just worried about the weather and that's why we didn't choose it.

Greystone Fields:  It doesn't quite give off the rustic feel, but is very beautiful.  I think the price might be a bit above your budget though.  The packages are start around $6,000 or so and go up from there.  This includes linens, china, etc. No food. It costs and extra $1600 for the ceremony.

Let me know if you need more details!
  • We looked at Succop and Greystone as well. Ended up going w/Succop. Greystone is very pretty but out of our price range. One other place that was on my list was the Mayernik Center in the North Hills. I was there once for an Animal Friends event and it was very spacious. I browsed some photogs sites of weddings there and it def looks more on the rustic side. I think it is a decent price as well.

The Atrium in Prospect isn't as rustic, but you get use of both indoor and outdoor areas and it's one of the most affordable venues I have come across.

Good luck! Let us know what you choose!
  • Oh and Stonebridge Farm Nursery in Ambridge. More $ than Succop but less than Greystone. It's pretty much a blank slate. Open field w/tents and a pretty area w/flowers, trees, fountain, etc.
  • We're using the 1805 Harmonist Barn for our wedding this coming July. After looking at pricier barn options, we decided this was much more up our alley. Just know that they don't provide much - I'm a DIYer, so this is great for me. But, it is just the barn and the surrounding property (about an acre, I think). There is one porta-potty (you can bring in extras), no water, but lots of electric service. You'd need to rent chairs, tables, tents for extra space, etc. Also, no open flame allowed.

All that said, I love it and think it is going to be perfect for our ceremony/reception. Beautiful atmosphere. The light coming through the gaps in the barn wood is incredible!
  • thanks everyone! Greystone is right by my church-- i've heard conflicting things about it.. Succop is my DREAM but out of the price range for the amount of people we'll be having around 250! 

I'm going to look into Stonebridge Farm Nursery and the Atrium. Thank you so much. I'm beyond grateful for the suggestions.

We looked at the Harmonist barn... i thought it was going to be the one!!! so much charm and so so cute--- you can't beat the price. I don't think it will accomodate all our guests though :/ I love DIY i'm ALL for that! how many guests are you having for your wedding? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_rustic-venues-pittsburgh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:da3fca36-be74-4117-8e8c-a379fc25c36ePost:49805c4e-9ca0-4720-9b8d-d6ece6098198">Re: Rustic Venues Pittsburgh</a>:
    [QUOTE]We looked at the Harmonist barn... i thought it was going to be the one!!! so much charm and so so cute--- you can't beat the price. I don't think it will accomodate all our guests though :/ I love DIY i'm ALL for that! how many guests are you having for your wedding? 
    Posted by KenzieRL1[/QUOTE]

<div>We're only having about 100 guests at the Harmonist Barn, so, yeah, I can see how 250 guests probably wouldn't work there!</div><div>
    </div><div>I had also called the Beaver County Parks Department about using the Barn at Old Economy County Park. They were booked for all of the dates I had in mind in July and August, but they might have an opening depending upon when you're getting married. I've never been there, but I've heard it's nice.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards