Destination Weddings Discussions

DW Knotties-are you paying for your guests excursions?

Just trying to get an idea if you ladies are paying for the excursions for your guests? We'd love to treat our guests to something while in Scottsdale (horseback riding tour; and ATV rides) but with the costs for the reception and rehersal dinner just don't know if we can cover it.  Will it be wrong to plan an event and just give my guests the option to participate if they choose and if they don't they can just do whatever on their own?? 
Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: DW Knotties-are you paying for your guests excursions?

• I am having a luncheon and we are paying for parents, grand parents, wedding party and their guests.  We are extending our invite to anyone who'd like to join us on the luncheon cruise the day of the wedding they are more then welcome to pay for themselves.  It's 30 dollars a plate and have over 50 people attending and I couldn't afford to pay for everyone.  It's your wedding and don't break your bank!!
  • ok that's reasurring-i just don't know if people think "oh she's going away-it's costing them less" so they expect more?  Especially as a gift for them coming all the way to be at our wedding.. I will be truly grateful for each and every person who can come; but at the same time we're paying double per plate at the resort that we chose than if we had a AHR (but we're inviting about 2/3 less people so we can afford it) so it's not like we're trying to be cheap or anything
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I really wanted to but I don't think it's going to be in the budget at this point.  I am paying for their transportation from the airport.
  • We paid for one. We all went snorkeling the day before the wedding... other than that people paid for their own excursions. I don't think that it is something people expect either because our friends were really surprised that we took care of it. :-) HTH!
  • I'm planning a tour right after the ceremony and lunch reception and of course I'm paying for it....but other than that they are on their own. I did send them a pre-travel package that included information on all he ports, things to see and do, tours available and the plans that FI and I have for that port. That way if they decide to join us they can...but I did included the price of the tours so they know we are not paying for them.As for the question weather or not you should plan an excursion that depends on your guests. For example people usually don't have the same interest, also when on vacation following a schedule can be a bit hard (say Uncle Bob wad way too many tequilas the night before).If you do wanna have an excursion, I think a good idea will be to give your guests the choice and whomever is interested they can sign in and if you want to you can pay for them.
  • We are planning a snorkeling excursion after the wedding and inviting everyone, but we aren't paying for anyone other than ourselves.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards