Florida-North Florida

Planning timeline

I know that there are so many checklists out there and planning guidelines and layouts, but I cant find a decent one that I like for planning our destination wedding. When is it too early to get engagement photos done, and sending STDs, booking our locations? I am like kinda overwhelmed because I have no one to help me with anything. I am all on my own... Help someone please...

Re: Planning timeline

• brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really liked these timelines, you can print them out: http://www.russellandhazel.com/ideas_weddingtemplates.htmlTo answer your specific questions, you can get engagement photos done whenever you want. There really is no rule. If you want to use one of those pictures on your STD obviously you will have to take them before those go out. STD's usually go out 6-9 months beforehand, with these things to consider: how many OOT guests and is your wedding on a holiday weekend? (STD's are optional BTW, you don't really HAVE to do them).Booking your venue is usually done 1 year to 6 months out. It depends on how popular your venue is, it will book quicker. You can never get started too early researching your venues though. I had mine narrowed down about a year and half before my wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think it's ever too early to start researching venues. In my wedding planning, that was what seemed to book the earliest. I got engaged, took a week off, and immediately started calling around to find a venue. Most of the Saturday evenings in the spring were already booked 14 months out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards