Vermont

Not from VT but would like to get married there :)

Hello VT Ladies,I live in Brooklyn currently and my wedding venue has fallen through.  I have some time to rearrange things, our wedding date is 10.10.10 but this has been quite a monkey wrench in my plans.  To give the readers digest version, we had a tentative hold on Tavern on the Green and were waiting on them to finalize their lease contract before signing anything and putting money down.  Well what do you know, they lost the contract!  All event planning has been put on hold while the new vendor gets situated, they can not make any contracts until January at the earliest, I really don't want to wait that long and risk finding out that everything we were originally offered no longer exists.We both love Vermont, we would  like to move there in the next couple of years but in the short term we are exploring the possibilities of having our wedding there.  A couple of items which are important is that the venue would have to accommodate about 100 or so people and should be within 1 hour of a major airport (all guests are from out of town).  Since our guests would be going to the expense of getting there we would like the venue to have spectacular Vermont views, really great food and convenient to lodging, if it is an inn or resort that can accommodate that's great too.Any tips or advice that anyone could give would be great.Thanks!

Re: Not from VT but would like to get married there :)

• edited December 2011
    The Shelburne Museum does weddings: http://www.shelburnemuseum.org/about_us/weddings_unions.php Also, the Wilson Castle in Rutland Area does weddings, but the last time I was there it was looking a little sad and broken. That was a few years ago, though. Maybe its better. Judivine Falls in Hardwick Vermont is nice- there is a waterfall and a tented area. They do catering on site, too. http://www.weddingfalls.com/index.htm I have no idea if they are any good- but you might want to check them out! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Shelburne farms is beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    I would also recommend the Inn at Essex or the Ponds at Bolton Valley.  I'm not sure if the ponds is a hotel, but there are several really close in the area.  Other options to look into are the ski resorts in Stowe and Sugarbush.  Anything further south than that will put you more than an hour our of Burlington. 
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Barn at Boyden Farm! I just had my wedding there and it was amazing. It is 40 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from Stowe. There are churches and Inn's right down the road from the venue. The background is surrounded my mountains, it is the most romantic place in my opinion. The owners are on top of everything and really nice.! I will post some pictures from my wedding on the site so you can see. They are on the web at Boyden Farm.com and now booking for 2010 weddings! The owner is Lauri Boyden, Oh you can also get married outside in the pavilion and it seats 100 as we had 115 at our wedding. Hope this helps!!
  • SLTB918SLTB918 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're marrying at the Catamount Country Club in Williston, which is a few miles from the airport, and they can accomodate up to 200 guests.  Very reasonable rates and the owner is super nice & willing to work with every budget.  If you haven't checked out the Vermont resource guides, go to http://www.vermontbridemagazine.com/or www.vtvows.com and request a magazine (for free).We also looked at the Old Lantern which is in Charlotte.  it's a bit further from the airport, but it's an old rustic barn and the owner is a French chef.  A bit more expensive than Catamount, which is why we didn't book it.  Look it up and contact Tracy Cassarino.  Good luck!  Fall is the best time to have a wedding in VT!
  • perthgirlperthgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just got married at Stowe Mountain Resort and it was great. Beautiful views of Mt. Mansfield, multiple options for lodging right on site, and the food was amazing. We had our reception in the Mansifeld Balllroom, which was really nice and could easily hold 100 people (we had 150). They were also really great to deal with in terms of planning and stuff. The wedding coordinator Calais was amazing, and they accommodated all of our requests for specific daught beer, custom menu, etc. We also hosted a brunch on site the morning after the wedding. Most of our guests were from out of town also and they all stayed at the Inn at the Mountain or the Condos so nobody had to drive after drinking all night. Good luck with your planning, I have only good things to say about my experience with Stowe Mountain Resort. Let me know if you have more questions. FYI- October in VT gets pretty crowded with Toursist, encourage your guests to book rooms and flights early.
  • erin579erin579 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! These all sound wonderful, we will be looking into them. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Sugarbush in Warren VT this 10/10. It is a ski resort but they have built new buildings and they are beautiful. i am getting married in the Gatehouse. They have been wonderful in helping me plan my wedding. They give you a wedding coordinator to assist you in helping plan your wedding. The prices are reasonable as well. For accommodations they have about 8 choices between condos and inn to choose from. My favorite part is the option to use the ski lifts and take pictures on top of the mountain. So far working with them has been a great experience.
  • blenderdanceblenderdance member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at The Gatehouse at Sugarbush in August.  Everything was amazing--location, food, coordinator, accomodations...It is 45 minutes from Burlington (airport).
    imageimage
    BFP 5/2/11, missed m/c, D&C 6/13/11
    BFP 12/8/11--Little Girl E Born 8/22/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Joeller79Joeller79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend the Stowe Area for sure. The new Stowe Mountain Lodge is beautiful as is The Stoweflake and Trapp Family Lodge.... Joelle www.easthillevents.com
  • edited December 2011
    I have contacted Sugarbush but have not received a response from them yet. Does anybody have an email address contact ? Thank You!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards