Florida-North Florida

Fall 2011 Wedding!

Hello, My name is Lauren and my fiance, Nick, proposed in December 2008. We have finally set a date! We've decided on late Sept/early Oct 2011. We're in Tallahassee, FL and the weather is so unpredictable. Unfortunately I want an outdoor wedding so this is a concern. Any ideas? Unfortunately we are having to pay for our wedding so there is a budget!

Re: Fall 2011 Wedding!

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on getting a date nailed down! Navybaby is a Tallahassee Lassie, she should be able to give you some recs on locations. I would suggest that if you really want an outdoor ceremony look at places that have an indoor backup plan onsite. It will save you a ton of stress. Good luck planning and enjoy football season. Go Noles!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  Yup, I'm also in Tallahassee.Are you wanting both your ceremony and reception outside or just the ceremony?  Answer this one question and I can give you a bunch of recommendations.
  • jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!  Congrats on your engagement and setting a date.  Make sure you post your name and date in the "Our Dates Updated" thread below so I can include you in the list!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! Im sure everything will turn out great with the weather. It rained on my wedding day and it was outside!! Everyone kept telling me it was good luck!
  • brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board Mrshoward! You have a lot of time to plan, I'm sure some of the Tally ladies will have good recs for you.
  • MrsHoward11MrsHoward11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WE FOUND A PLACE! We're having it at Lake Monkey Business in Killearn Lakes. Navybaby, you probably know wehre it is. IT'S GORGEOUS! Just imagine walking down a thin strip of green land out to the center of a lake where it opens into a green grass field with oaks trees! It's perfect. We're gonna get married on one end of the field under a single oak tree with the lake behind us. the reception will be on the other end of the field under a canopy of oak trees with paper lanterns strewn through the trees. I'm really excited. The only issue is we'll have to bring in portable toilets. I found some very nice ones though.
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually, I've never heard of it.  But that's awesome that you found a place!
  • MrsHoward11MrsHoward11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's way out in killearn! I'm gonna tkae some pics tonight and i'll post them. My mom is trying to convince me to change venues because there aren't any bathrooms or utilities. Whatcha think?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards