Florida-North Florida

Writing your vows?

How many of you ladies are writing your own vows? FI said he wanted to, but he's a GREAT writer so he's at a major advantage. I've started compiling examples of vows I like and quotes and stuff to kind of help me along but I'm still really overwhelmed. I know how I feel but I'm not sure I can put it into words. I don't want to sound too cheesy or try and be funny and have nobody laugh. Anyone else freaked out by this?
imageDaisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary

Re: Writing your vows?

• jendawn80jendawn80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't want us to write our own vows.  I'm worried I won't be able to stop from crying during the whole ceremony because I'm too emotional, so there's no way I'm writing my own vows.   Sorry I can't be more help!  Good luck! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • toblave13toblave13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm worried about that too. I cry SO easily so I know I'll cry during the ceremony. I'm already getting emotional trying to write he vows. I can only imagine trying to speak them.
  • edited December 2011
    Recently our officiant asked us if we were planning on writing our own vows and I answered "No" at the same time that FI answered "Yes". It was pretty funny. So after talking it over and thinking about it more, I changed my mind and think we SHOULD write our own vows. I actually have the book about vows that theknot published a few years ago, and have found that to be really helpful.I'm also pretty sure that I will blubber through the whole thing. I better take my waterproof mascara on a test run at a sad movie or something!
  • jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We plan to and I know that I'm going to be crying.  I want to do a couple serious vows but also through some funny stuff in there too.  Maybe that will help me keep it together.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jendawn80jendawn80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how I'm gonna keep it together. I got choked up and teary when we were making our small toasts at the engagement party! I cry at movies, when i see someone else cry (like my dad!).... definately will need waterproof mascara. My fiance is the complete opposite and I've never seen him cry so hopefully that will help me
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • toblave13toblave13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I'll cry...I've accepted that. Now the goal is just to be able to get through the vows that I write...that's why I want to throw some funny stuff in there. It might help keep me from being a hysterical mess the whole time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards