Nebraska-Omaha

OMG! Im gettin married :)

16 days!AWWWWWW I can't believe it's almost here. So sinse it's pretty slow on this board tell me this:1. what do you do - I work in a medical research department2. when's your big day- Oct 9th3. How old are you and your FI- Both 274. Best part of wedding planning-My Dress of course buy... My cakes worked out the way I wanted them too :) 5. Have you got to the point you want to be done wedding planning?-   I just want something else to talk about besides wedding stuff.Have a Great day ladies!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: OMG! Im gettin married :)

• edited December 2011
    What do you do-Student, Nanny Big Day-Was August 1 Age-We're both 22 Best-I loved our reception decorations! Be Done!-I definitely got there toward the end, but try to enjoy it...it goes so fast!
  • lindy.linderlindy.linder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I just hit the 8 month mark I wish we were that close!!1. I'm currently an Executive Assistant for a department at a university in dc. 2. May 233. I'm 25 turning 26 soon and he is 23 turning 24 soon4. Marking all the fun arrangements for our guests, but more specifically planning the rehearsal dinner at the zoo!!5. Not really. Ive been really on top of things. I foresee a future problem of having everything done and then just having to wait for the wedding to happen which will drive me nuts
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yes lindy...wait until you feel like your stuck in limbo. Too early to finalize plans but have everythign already planned and ready to go! That part drove me nuts!
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. what do you do - I work in an accounting department2. when's your big day- was May 9th3. How old are you and your FI- I’m 22, he’s 244. Best part of wedding planning-dress shopping 5. Have you got to the point you want to be done wedding planning?- I am done!  I’ve kind of started again, though, as I’m helping with SIL’s wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • akardiscoakardisco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to you! It will be here before you know it!!1. what do you do - I'm a student at UNO studying secondary education, language arts. When I'm not at school, I work at Bath & Body Works.2. when's your big day- July 313. How old are you and your FI- 214. Best part of wedding planning-So far I would say picking out my dress. Right now I'm enjoying figuring out how to make our invites!5. Have you got to the point you want to be done wedding planning?- Thank goodness no! We still have 9 months to go, but I am getting nervous because we still have a couple of big vendors to book (caterer is the one I'm mostly worried about!).
  • edited December 2011
    1: I have my BS degree in Structural Engineering but this economy isn't good for building right now, so I'm a waitress at the Cheesecake Factory :( 2: We are getting married in 10 days!! :) Oct. 3rd 3: I'm 23 and he turns 23 tomorrow! 4: Dress shopping was fun, but I loved designing my invites and making them. 5: I'm sooo ready to be done planning, I have been having such a hard time with our placecards, spent over 10 hours already trying to get everything to work, and it's still not working!! :(
  • edited December 2011
    Your catering vendor will work out...just wait and see. I use to hate it when my vendors would say: "oh you have plenty of time" AH NO I DONT! But it will work out. Have fun wth the place cards! We only planned for about 225 people to come to the wedding and my final headcount it at 300. I got so overwhelmed coulnting all thoses RSVP's no place cards after that. I decided oh well looks like we are going to have one biggggg reception. Im completly relaxed now. bach parties on saturday and I am ready to marry this wonderful man of mine :)
  • edited December 2011
    akardisco - which B&BW do you work at?  My sister is a manager at the one at Westroads.
  • ThisIsMelindaThisIsMelinda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. what you do--I teach art at a couple of preschools in town but I'm going to start my own design business after the wedding2. when--in 24 days! October 173. how old--me, 29; him, 324. best part--planning the honeymoon5. want to be done?---hell, yes. I'm sick of wedding stuff.
  • daniellehaydaniellehay member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. what do you do - I'm a 4th year medical student and own my own business, Slumber Parties by Danielle Hay2. when's your big day- May 22, 20103. How old are you and your FI- He's 27; I turn 27 in a few months.4. Best part of wedding planning-having a wedding planner! Booking the honeymoon was really fun, too!5. Have you got to the point you want to be done wedding planning?- NOPE! We've been engaged a long time, have had a long time to plan, and are enjoying it :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mbarone-I work at Oak View. I used to be a sales lead though so I know most of the managers. Is Cinda your sister?
  • edited December 2011
    Oh really? My sister is Jennifer.  She was the sales lead, and just got promoted to co-manager.  Cinda is her boss.  You may know my cousin though..Machela.  She also was a sales lead at that store and the Village Point store.  She's the Machela you may hear about on here that does wedding hair and makeup with me!  Small world here in Omaha!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm I don't know your sister, but I do know Machela. Congrats to your sister on her promotion! A girl from our store, Angela, just got promoted to sales lead over at Westroads. Your sister will love her, she's a sweetheart! It is a small world!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! I hope your wedding is gorgeous!1. what do you do - i work with transportation (freight shipments)2. when's your big day- Oct 17th-I cant believe it!!!!!3. How old are you and your FI- both 22..well..almost 234. Best part of wedding planning- i think picking out my dress was my favorite. everything else was just way too stressful!5. Have you got to the point you want to be done wedding planning?- OMG yes! i am SO done with it! im so glad im about done!
  • Kathi NKathi N member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!1. what do you do- I'm an esthetician at Faces Day Spa.2. big day- April 10, 20103. ages- im 23. FI is 264. best part of wedding planning- picking out my dress!! I love it and cannot wait to wear it!!5. I'm still loving it! I'm at the point where there isn't much going on right now with it, but we just bought a house and move next week!! So that has been keeping me busy:)
  • klkoesterklkoester member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. what do you do - Zoo Keeper, Jungle2. when's your big day-August 143. How old are you and your FI- Me-23 Him-244. Best part of wedding planning-Finding My Dress 5. Have you got to the point you want to be done wedding planning?-I just want it to be closer so i can starting doing more of the planning.
  • edited December 2011
    How exciting, 16 days!!  I wish mine was that close!1.  I am the lead teacher for the 2-3 classroom at Tiny Rams daycare.2.  March 13, 20103.  I am 22, he is 25, will be 26 at time of the wedding (I'll be 23 shortly after)4.  Best part was definitely finding THE dress!  In a close 2nd would be booking the honeymoon...we are getting a cabin close to Estes Park, very private!5.  DEFINITELY ready to be done planning, once I found the dress, nothing else was as fun as that!  I think me just ready for the day to be here already might have something to do with that...and the fact that my man STILL hasn't gotten his guest list to me!  Did anyone else have this problem??  It is so frustrating!
    K Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    1. Just moved to Omaha area 2 weeks ago, so currently unemployed. Worked previously in social services. 2. October 10th, 2009!! 3. I will be 25 on October 1st, fiance just turned 28. 4. Best part...probably my dress, I knew it was going to be the one before I even tried it on! 5. Almost...its just the final details that are alot of work, but hope to be done very soon!
  • edited December 2011
    1. what do you do - I am a student at UNO and work part time at American Red Cross2. when's your big day-  December 11,2010 (12.11.10) Forever away it seems like!3. How old are you and your FI-  I'm about a month shy of being 22 and he is 234. Best part of wedding planning-My dress so far and making everything follows the Christmas theme somehow!5. Have you got to the point you want to be done wedding-  I got there like a month after being engaged haha, I hated looking for a reception spot but now that we found it and booked it I love everything about planning it now!
    Philip && Tinya 12.11.10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards