New York-Upstate

Gambles for cake?

Meeting with Jeremy from Gambles in Oct. Any opinions?

Re: Gambles for cake?

• edited December 2011
    Love the cake for eating. Some of their designs, decorating stuff is a little traditional?? I like clean, sleek and it's a bit...frilly? Ask to see various examples of cakes they've done!
  • edited December 2011
    were planning to use them too. havent officially met them, but talked on the phone a few times. we have a tasting for friday (25th) of just 2 flavors (choc and vanilla) with rasp filing and peanut butter icing. aside from being hard to track down/get to call me back (since i live so far), i have heard great things. planning to meet with lake george bakery friday, too. ill let you know if you are interested.
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • scarlett1978scarlett1978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!I am looking to meet with Jeremy too! And I would love to hear about Lake George Bakery. I am planning this wedding from Boston and from California. Good luck at the tasting!
    BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • JDecoteauJDecoteau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!Your post caught my eye..my good friends got married June 2008 and had their cake from Gambles.....it was amazing! Hands down the best wedding cake I've had ever.....they had a vanilla cake with raspberry swirl.....and on their one year anniversary we all had a piece just to take a risk because it was so good the day of...and it was still great! (sounds really gross, but seriously) Just an FYI :) Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try The Chocolate Mill in Glens Falls, I've heard they make the best wedding cakes!
  • edited December 2011
    I vote for Lake George Baking company. They are own by the same family that owns the Vanilla Bean in Troy (same family but they had a falling out). All of their pastries and things are amazing. Im not a huge Gambles fan....but I say find what you want, in the price range you want and go for it!! We are doing brownie sundaes instead. My favorite!!
  • edited December 2011
    we just picked up a sample cake at gambles last friday.. chocolate cake with either peanut butter creme, peanut butter mousse, or raspberry filling. it was good, dont get me wrong, but i wasnt "wowed" at all. especially by he raspberry filling. my 7-year-old step daughter even said "this is good, but it tasts more like jello and less like raspberry!" we met with debbie at lake george that same day, but didnt get to taste yet. for about the same thing (fondant 120 servings with some details) she was going to be a full $1.25/serving than gambles, and she was happy to mix and match a number of cakes/fillings. i think we're going to go with her in the end.
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards