Wedding Party

*sazatronic*

124»

Re: *sazatronic*

• bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2010
    You're right that people shouldn't be doormats.  But think about the context, potential benefit of the action, and the repercussions (long-term and short-term).  Is it worth pissing off a family member or losing a friend to make a point?  Especially since the day after the wedding it really won't matter to you?  (Which, by the way, is the benefit of having those of us who have already gotten married sticking around--we can tell you what battles are truly worth fighting and which ones really aren't.)

If you've followed my posts for awhile I basically had the world's worst MOH and I look back at my wedding and wouldn't change a thing (except the bouts because the florist screwed up and they looked ridiculous).  If I can have that attitude, surely many of the "crises" girls face here are not worth the battle.    Especially since when it comes to weddings it can really be a game-changer for the relationship. 

ETA: And if a WP member is TRULY doing something bad, I have nothing against booting the person out.  But none of the threads today warranted booting someone out.  None of them were crimes against he friendship that would end it.  I think I can count on one hand the number of brides who had legit reasons to boot a BM.  And when it's a family member it's even more complicated because you still DO have to speak to them after the wedding, so that's when you probably do need to suck it up for the sake of your post-wedding life.

ETA2: Finally, I think we can all agree that most of the brides on here want to boot BMs for reasons like "not helping me plan", "not excited enough for me", and "not fitting with the vision I had of the wedding."  Do you really think saying, "It's your day, you do what makes you happy" is a good piece of advice for someone who already ready to hurt a friendship over something that is (objectively) not important in the great scheme of things?
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • I still find it funny that while I have repeatedly said that I think Saza-licious can post whatever she wants, including her bad advice if that's what makes her little heart smile, she won't answer my questions.
  • OK.  I'm here!

Ladies, I'm going to echo what Trix said:

1) It's out of line to make comments about Sazatronic's hands being around her FI's throat.  It's not funny.

2) It's never appropriate to say, "I feel sorry for your FI."  It just comes across as a weak argument.

That said, Sazatronic, people are allowed to post their opinions here.  Just as you're allowed to post your opinion, everyone else is allowed to as well as long as it's in accordance w/ TK rules.

That means that calling people out as bitches is just as inappropriate as the reference to your hands around your FI's throat.  Cool it.

Beyond that, I think you need to take a step back here.

No one thinks that it's OK to be a doormat.  What people ARE saying is that you need to treat others with respect from the start because your wedding day is just a day and it isn't all about you (read the sticky at the top).  You need to be conscious of the feelings of others if they're involved at all - because ideally you'll want to be involved with them when the white dress is back on a hanger.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards