Florida-North Florida

*LaceyRC*

Where in Tallahassee are you getting married?  When's your wedding date?Sorry, I'm nosy and we don't get many Tally girls around here.

Re: *LaceyRC*

• edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Timberlane Church of Christ (that's where we first met) over near Gilchrist Elementary School. Our date is December 18, 2010. When and where are you getting married?
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you having your reception there as well?Our wedding is at Willow Pond Plantation in Monticello.Do you have any of your other vendors yet or just photography and location?
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, we're having our reception at the church too. There is a downstairs area with a kitchen attached so it will work out well. One of my friends was married at Willow Pond. Her pictures were gorgeous. Well, my wedding coordinator is A Friend of the Bride. That and the photographer are the only vendors set in stone. I know a woman that does catering (I used to help her) and I think I'll go with her on that. I'm going to look into Flowers by Vince for the florist. Long's Photography recommended Katie's Cakes & Catering for the wedding cake, so I'll probably check them out too. Do you know what vendors you're going with yet?
    edited December 2011
    I actually just went and visited Katie's Cakes yesterday and she does topsy turvy cakes which are awesome.We have our photographer (Memories by Micha), our DJ (Steve Christian.  He's a DJ at 98.9.  Love him!), our venue (Willow Pond) and our caterer (Sonnys BBQ).  That's all we've got so far.  I'm looking for a DOC and a baker right now.  Also, trying to find someone to do alterations on my dress.
  • edited December 2011
    What is a topsy turvy cake? I think I might know what it is. Is it where the different layers are kind of slanted to the sides? If so, I think those look pretty cool! I listen to 98.9 a lot. I like him as a DJ. A Friend of the Bride may do Day of Coordinating, the website is www.afriendofthebride.org if you want to check it out. Also, I've heard that Hayley Lauren Couture does alterations very well, the website is www.hayleylaurencouture.net.
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recs.  I'll definitely check them out.Yea, that's a topsy turvy cake.  Hers are so cute.
  • edited December 2011
    You're welcome. I've seen one of her topsy turvy cake examples at a bridal expo or two. They're pretty cute.
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to hijack the convo but just wanted to chime in as another Tally bride. :) I'm also getting married on Dec 18 but of this year. Happy planning! The ladies on this board are pretty nice and Navybaby's blog has lots of helpful information for Tally/Budget brides.
  • edited December 2011
    Haha. You're not hijacking the conversation at all GenkiSam. It's great that there is another Tallahassee bride. I'll bet you're pretty excited that the big day is getting closer. One of my friend's is getting married Dec. 12th and anytime I see her she says "74 days" or however many are left. Lol. It's entertaining. Happy planning to you too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards