Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

What's your talent?

Re: What's your talent?

• Options
    And I can work a pivot table like a pro. I don't know what that means, but it sounds dirty.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    * Meaghan... sorry, I suck. :(
  • Options
    *high five tide*I have a similar talent and I have often threatened to put it on job applications/my resume."I'll get the job one way or another!"
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    I think I can sing. I do not, however, think that I am the next American Idol. I can play 4 chords on the guitar, but I can't change between them quickly or string them together to make any songs, so that might be more of an annoyance than a talent. I am obnoxiously good at remembering random TV and movie quotes. Key word being "obnoxiously".
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    Oooh ooh I know Pivot Tables!
  • Options
    I can paint. I was also a ballerina though it has been many years since I stopped dancing. Here's a business card (edited for privacy) that I created from one of my paintings. I'm terrible at graphic design, though, so the card itself sucks though the painting is one of my favorites.[IMG]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w253/moiraknowlan/BC_test.jpg[/IMG]
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I can memorize the lyrics to a song after listening to the song just a few times.  That talent has yet to serve a good purpose, but hey you never know.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    [i]I can memorize the lyrics to a song after listening to the song just a few times. That talent has yet to serve a good purpose, but hey you never know. [/i] I'm always wondering if there's some way I can make money from this. I'll hear it once and remember the lyrics. Same with movies and good books. But alas, it appears to be useless.
  • Options
    Damnit TJ - I don't know why I've never thought about that :P  *return high five*
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Alix, if you find one let me know.  I've been keeping my eyes open.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm a black belt in tae kwon do. I have numerous trophies and whatnot from tournaments. I am not too shabby at basketball, but have become a bit of a wuss after breaking my finger twice (same one) while playing.I am pretty artistic but I have to be in the mood, which lately I have not been.
  • Options
    And I can work a pivot table like a pro. I don't know what that means, but it sounds dirty.I like this story better than "I'm good at spreadsheets". So I'm sticking to it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    Tide wins!!!I too have a ridiculous ability to be able to recite TV commercial jingles and theme songs--particularly from the 70s and 80s. It helps when playing SceneIt, but otherwise...pretty useless.Meg--I love Irish dancing! My friend's sister used to do it and I was so jealous. It's such a cool style of dance.
  • Options
    I can sing but can't read or play music at all. I act. I dance. Well I did, we'll see what happens when I get back to class after having had foot surgery. Oh and I can burp really well too. My director friends have made me do it on cue in shows.  
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    Alix, you don't suck. Tide does! ;)
  • Options
    I'm all sorts of musical:I can sing, play piano, and play most woodwind instruments (flutes, clarinets, saxophones, recorders, pan pipes, etc.).  I used to be a percussionist (mallets) but just haven't kept up on it.I'm really good at making fast switches between instruments while playing a show and I'm SUPER good at fudging what I'm playing so that I sound awesome when I'm actually not.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Oh. One time, upon finding out that I am autistic, a slightly misinformed gentleman said to me excitedly, "So what is your super power?!!?"It... doesn't quite work that way.However, it also kind of does. I rarely forget. Anything. Ever. Buddy is rarely amused because I often win arguments by saying."Oh no no. I was sitting here and you were sitting right there. I said.... and then you said... but then I said... and you said... and that's what happened and you know I'm not wrong."
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    I'm good at trivia. Knowledge that serves no purpose is my strong suit.
  • Options
    FFS why can't I PIP? Clearly I'm a freaking talented loser. Normal 0 [IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/28jfals.jpg[/IMG]  
  • Options
    Niiice!
  • Options
    I sing. Like a mofo. I'm a bit of a wedding singer amongst my family and friends.
  • Options
    Cew you and my sister should form a pup trivia team. She has a vast, random knowledge of every actor in every show she's ever seen, tv or film. She says that's why she is bad at math, the random knowledge has taken up the math space in her brain.
  • Options
    pup = pubSigh.
  • Options
    I was in the Junior Olympics a few times for Diving.
  • Options
    I love pub trivia! Your sister and I would rule the world.
  • Options
    I'm pretty good at seeing both sides of an argument.  I'm the family mediator.  Both sides will call me then after they calm down and think it through they will call the other one back and work it out.I find that I'm reasonably good at most things, but don't necessarily excel at one thing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm kind of a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none.  However, I am pretty good at editing and proofreading stuff.  That's kind of lame compared to everyone else's talents, though.
  • Options
    Bub, you painted that! That's amazing!
  • Options
    Ha! Jade, I tie cherry stems with my tongue. Sorry! I also am without a gag reflex, so the two make a very nice combination from what I hear.
  • Options
    baking, math, and understanding people with accents
    No amount of education could convince Betty to be nice to possums
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards