Wedding Woes
Options

Laundry poll

When you do the laundry, do you check everyone's pants pockets before tossing them into the machine? I'm just wondering if I'm lazy because I don't check pockets and if I'm justified in being mad that a pen and some paper were washed and dryed.  These items were not mine and they weren't Son's, which leaves H.I have washed his cell phone in the past.  He actually argued that I should have checked the pockets.  I told him he's an adult and should be able to take everything out before taking the pants off.

Re: Laundry poll

• Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I check the pockets.  Takes 30 seconds of my time, saves an argument and possibly replacement money. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not married to a teenager. I assume FI can empty his own pockets. Unfortunately I've assumed wrong and washed all manner of things, from pens to DS games to keys... He learned after his third game got washed and dried though:)
  • Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't check. The only things that I occasionally find in the washing machine are golf tees. DH is way too anal to leave stuff in his pants pockets.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    edited December 2011
    Besides, people can check their pockets all the time and forget.  Or miss something (this happens with DH's jumpdrive quite a bit).  Again, just not worth the argument.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I check pockets. It's not that big a deal.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could have written this post Taw.  I've washed DH's cell phone (twice, three times, maybe?) among other things.  I always take everything out my pockets before sticking it in the hamper.  DH and the kiddo should too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto@ keeping the cash. I found $16 in his pocket the other day. *yoink* there's lunch for 3 days.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    After washing a pair of pants that was full of FISH HOOKS, I learned to check. I was picking hooks out of my clothes for ages.
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, checking for him saves an argument, but I do feel like it's ultimately your H's responsibility to make sure his pockets are empty. Turning it around on you was kinda crappy of him.
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    edited December 2011
    No, I don't check. I'm a lazy motherfecker and DH should be glad he's getting clean clothes.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He pretty much does his own laundry.  I'm not against checking, but I don't find myself checking much on the occasions when I do wash his clothes.Once Dex is older and there are potential issues, I'm sure I'll become more diligent (although we did find a crayon in his pocket from daycare a couple of weeks ago. It would have been VERY bad if that had ended up in the dryer.)

• Options
    L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I check the pockets, but sometimes I miss things or forget on one pair.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've always checked pockets. H checks his pockets too, but occasionally misses a pocket and ends up washing his phone. That phone has been in the wash and in the garbage disposal and *still* works.
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    H and I was our own clothes and I never leave anything in my pockets, so no, I don't check.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    edited December 2011
    I hardly check my own pockets, but H rarely leaves anything in there.And, FISH HOOKS?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah, FISH HOOKS. I was pissed. I still find them in my lint trap every now and then (it was a few months ago). Hot fish hooks freaking hurt, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry, all I can see is "fish hooks" and "lint trap".  You fill in the blanks.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't check pockets.  DH used to smoke and I washed a whole pack of cigarettes.  Oops.  Things I've found in the washer trap: ear plugs, golf tees, highlighters, pens, cash.  I'v also washed his phone. Tough noogies. 
  • Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't check the pockets if you're old enough to know better.  I can't tell you how many screwdriver parts/bits, washers, zip ties, wires, pens and screws I've found in the bottom of the washer/dryer.  I tell H that when his schit breaks our washer/dryer, he'll be the one at the laundromat.
    imageimage
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I don't check pockets. Bacon doesn't use hers (surprise surprise, they start useless pocketing on female clothing early), and if H doesn't want sht to get washed, it's his job to take it out.
  • Options
    fishgirl77fishgirl77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't check pockets.  Aside from the odd coin, I take everything out of my pockets long before they go in the hamper.  H doesn't always check and after some potentially non-drier friendly items getting dried, he decided to do his laundry himself.
  • Options
    ReeseFoxReeseFox member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never think to check pockets. I need to start, though, because my 7 y/o always leaves things in hers. Last weekend I had to rewash a load because there was glittery lip gloss randomly splotched all over everything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooohhh fairy dust!
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I usually check, but sometimes receipts or a few bucks gets through.  DH is surprisingly god about emptying his pockets before he puts things in the hamper. I guess he enjoys dumping the contents of his pockets all over the dresser, desk and kitchen counters to leave anything in there at the end of the day.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I check. There is nothing worse than washing pants with tissue inside.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards