New Jersey

Slut List

Re: Slut List

• kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also are you the one raising your niece or are her parents?  I think my sister or brother would be like stay out of it we are handling it.  I mean, I am more then capable of putting my two cents in, but honestly its not my place.  It is her parents responsibility to handle the situation not mine.  There have been many of times that I have talked to my niece and she knows that she can come to me for anything and I trust her.  If you just automatically jump on your niece like she is the one who is wrong she will never want to talk to you about anything. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen it's just not worth it lol.  Brad, you have to understand that people are allowed their own opinions.  If everyone had all the right answers all the time, what would be the point of these forums?
  • kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With ya Jen.  We are childish now too! 
  • edited December 2011
    ;)...I tried ...I got called a lot of not very nice names in high school because of my large chest ...so I guess I deserved that ......
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • edited December 2011
    jen I didnt say anybody deserved anything, no one should be called names like that, but if a girl wear short skirts and flirts with all the guys, she may not act on it, but I could see where she would get a bad rep.and the last person who posted about people having their own opinions, not sure what you are talking about.Are you defending me, cause I have the right to my opinion too....
  • edited December 2011
    but if a girl wear short skirts and flirts with all the guys, she may not act on it, but I could see where she would get a bad rep.I think you're missing what we're are trying to say. A virgin could walk into school dressed like a nun and still get a bad rep just because she drives a nicer car than somebody else.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Seabass thats what I am trying to say
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's the thing though you don't have to wear short skirts or tight shirts to be called names.  It just happens at times.  Yes, sometimes it just as well might be deserved, but most of the time it is unwarranted.  Girls flirt, but it does not mean that they are "hooking up". Just because you flirt with someone you are a slut. 
  • edited December 2011
    I think it is very very relivant to say your not a girl so you wouldnt understand.. Because you can look at it from a girls point of view but you can NEVER LIVE it.. Being a girl is hard..like other pp said you can have something these girls want and your screwed for the rest of your school days because they DO NOT forget.. I went thru this in high school and was called a _slut because I was dating a boy this girl really wanted. he never paid her attention.. I didnt do anything to deserve it I was a super nice person but it happens.. Now for this school..It happens everywhere and it has happened for years and if you read about it the girls that make the list their freshman year are usually WRITING the list their senior year.. Its funny because my senior year I remember hating the little froshies because they thought they were all great and would hit on senior girls BF's..We would say how we would be scared of seniors..Honestly everything is in the news WAY more now than ever before..
  • edited December 2011
    for the second time Jen, I didnt say anything about deserving anything.  if a girl is a virgin but wears slutty clothes and flirts, I didnt say she deserves to get called a slut, but I could see how others might call her that.   Again for the second or third or fourth time, not saying anyone deserved anything.  most of the time, they probably dont even know what the name they are calling them really means, they probably say it others laugh and they think it is funny and then you are cool for calling them that name...
  • tvlirenetvlirene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brad my issue with you is you have a notion in your mind and girls are telling you (because WE ARE GIRLS) that it doesn't have to be based on any truth or fact like wearing certain clothes, flirting, etc. You keep hanging on to your notion that they must have done something to be called names. You seem like such a know it all and I've gotten sucked in once again!
  • Angie550Angie550 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am waiting for this post to have Page 1, 2 next to it :)
  • Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't defending you or going against you. It just seems like you always have a beef with something and argumentative. I was just saying if you read correctly that everyone has their own opinions yet you think yours is the above all and mighty.
  • edited December 2011
    most of the time, they probably dont even know what the name they are calling them really means, they probably say it others laugh and they think it is funny and then you are cool for calling them that name... this is exactly why people are saying "you've never been a teenage girl, so you don't now" because trust me girls know exactly what they are saying and what it means. And they are definitely not doing it to get a laugh. They are doing it to be spiteful and hurtful.
  • edited December 2011
    yes irene there has to be a trigger, I am not hanging my notion or however you put it that they didnt something to deserve it, but they did something. Someone calls someone a name for a reason, any reason, but they dont just walk up to a stranger and give them a derogatory name for no reason.  how would you even know what name to call them??? They might call a girl a slut cause they are jealous of something or want their bf, or any stupid reason.
  • edited December 2011
    Again for the second or third or fourth time, not saying anyone deserved anything. most of the time, they probably dont even know what the name they are calling them really means, they probably say it others laugh and they think it is funny and then you are cool for calling them that name... Brad you might not mean they deserve it BUT you keep saying that they NEED to DO something to deserve being called names like the clothes... HAVE YOU ever been called something that you know you did NOTHING to deserve?? at all in your whole life..Thats what we mean..Dont tell us that because I wear UGGS to school I should have known prior to putting them on that if someone doesnt like that I have them that I might be called a golddigger..or if I dont have UGGS and I wear fake ones that I should of known Id be called poor.. Do you understand AT ALL???
  • kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this is exactly why people are saying "you've never been a teenage girl, so you don't now" because trust me girls know exactly what they are saying and what it means. And they are definitely not doing it to get a laugh. They are doing it to be spiteful and hurtful.well put seabass, well put. 
  • edited December 2011
    Interesting this stuff typically happens in "upscale" town with "high rated" school districts.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • edited December 2011
    and brad I have seen a million times girls walk up to other girls and call them bad names know what they mean and just say them to say them... How about this SEABASS is a _Slutty _Whore!!!!! IDK her very well and I just came right out and said something mean about her.. THAT IS HOW IT WORKS!!!!
  • kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have no clue what you are even arguing.  You do not get it and you never will.  You have every girl on this board right now telling you the same thing, but yet you still believe that you are right and that YES they did something to be called a slut.  Yes, most of the time it is totally unwarrented. 
  • edited December 2011
    seabass you are not a _slutty _whore :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Interesting this stuff typically happens in "upscale" town with "high rated" school districts. It happens everywhere. It just gets publicized in the upscale high rated school districts, because it's so "unexpected" and "controversial".
  • edited December 2011
    this whole thing is so off the point now, but for the 6th time..Julia, I have never said anyone deserves any name, but my point is they did somethingIf you wore uggs and someone calls you a golddigger, they did it cause you wore uggs.  So you did something, ie.. wearing the uggs, but for the 7th time, no where did I say you deserved to be called a golddigger or any other name, but you did something.  The original point was I would want to know WHY my niece was called this name, even if just to know she didnt deserve it.
  • kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It happens everywhere. It just gets publicized in the upscale high rated school districts, because it's so "unexpected" and "controversial". I see it happening here more then in other districts, but it does happen everywhere. 
  • edited December 2011
    How about this SEABASS is a _Slutty _Whore!!!!!lol! glad I could help you prove a point :)
  • edited December 2011
    Brad teenage girls will call names no matter what they could not know the person and do it. When I moved here I immediatly was called a slut_and I had never even kissed a boy, didn't dress any other way but normal. They just said it. What's that reasoning?
  • melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's really that big of a deal to be honest. The girls who get hazed are likely to be the ones to do the hazing as seniors. Vicious circle, but what can anyone really do about it? They'll find a way around any rule.Brad, I think what the other girls are trying to say is that what you're calling a "reason" implies that girl being called names could have prevented what happened. But there's no way for a girl to know what's going to incite someone else, and you can't and shouldn't have to spend your time trying to change what you do/wear/etc. to avoid being called names.
  • edited December 2011
    The original point was I would want to know WHY my niece was called this name, even if just to know she didnt deserve it. lol! Because every derogatory comment is followed by an eloquently put reason why!
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I can sort of understand what Brad is saying with the Uggs example ... I think he's trying to point out that bullies are often jealous of the people they pick on because of some specific point (example, their parents being able to afford to buy them Uggs or a nice car). But Brad, I think what all the other girls are trying to say is that there's not ALWAYS some kind of catalyst ... not every girl who is picked on wears trampy clothes, or has money, or has a boyfriend, while the bully girls don't. You're correct that this is SOMETIMES the case, but that's not across-the-board true. Some girls are bullies just for the sake of being bullies, plain and simple. High school is all about the pecking order. Some bullies pick on people who are quiet or timid just to establish dominance among the other girls - to make it known that they can spread rumors quickly against anyone who's not "with" them. I went to an all-girls Catholic school. We wore uniforms, so you really couldn't pick on people for their clothes ... although girls certainly found ways to do it anyway (brand of shoes, your purse, jewelry). I was a quiet kid, didn't have many friends, tried to keep to myself, never said BOO to anyone and absolutely didn't own a car or any kind of fancy handbags or shoes, didn't have a boyfriend, my grades were good but there were equally smart/smarter girls  ... and people STILL picked on me and found ways to humiliate me. I can't imagine what they might have been jealous of. People picked on me just because I was an easy target who would just keep quiet and take it.
  • edited December 2011
    If you wore uggs and someone calls you a golddigger, they did it cause you wore uggs. So you did something, ie.. wearing the uggs, but for the 7th time, no where did I say you deserved to be called a golddigger or any other name, but you did something.Brad, this theory that you have makes absolutely no effing sense.  A girl wearing uggs and then being called a gold digger does not mean that she Did something.  You mean to tell me, she can't wear shoes now or else she could be called a name??? so if your niece was called a gold digger cause she wore uggs, you would tell her she shouldn't wear shoes? your comments make no sense sometimes.  wearing something or being nice or just being prettier than someone does not qualify as them having done something to deserve to be insulted or made fun of. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards