Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

***trix1223***

We are doing Canon in D for the mothers' entrance and Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring for the bridesmaids and me.  You had given me some advice about this a while back and I can't find it now.  What did you recommend for the pianist to do when transitioning between the rest of the girls walking in and then my entrance since it is all the same song?  Sorry to have to ask again.  TIA!

Re: ***trix1223***

• Options
    joesgurl:  there are a couple of possibilities that I could envision.#1:  have your pianist just put in a lovely, dramatic pause when your last attendant is down the aisle.  Pause long enough for people to realize that it's your turn, and then begin the music again.#2:  (Probably what I'd do, but I'd be playing it on a pipe organ)  play it quietly and simply during the WP part, then make it a little louder, and little slower, and use fuller chords for your part.  (Actually, you could incorporate #1 into this option)#2:  If your pianist is able to do this, play the beautiful Jesu in one key for the WP, and then have an 8 bar modulation up a step for your entrance.  As soon as you go from, for example the key of C to the key of D, it will sound a bit "brighter" for your entrance.Hope this helps.  GL
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Thanks!  She is a very talented pianist so I'll mention all three options to her and ask her to choose the one she is most comfortable with.  Our chapel has a beautiful pipe organ but I couldn't find an organist to play it.  The chapel is part of a YMCA camp so they don't have regular services so there is not an organist on staff.  :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards