Michigan-Grand Rapids

bridal show at devos- simlicity gourmet

hey did anyone else get a call from simpliciy gourmet saying they had won a bridal package from the bridal show at devos? They rambled off a bunch of stuff we won and said that all i had to do was go pick it up at the comfort suites by 5/3 ballpark, but it seemed to good to be true...is this a scam?

Re: bridal show at devos- simlicity gourmet

• shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe it is....I heard about this like a year or so ago after one of the bridal shows... try googling it, I think that's how I figured out it was a scam.
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• clmcnicholasclmcnicholas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You will get a million calls from Simplicity Gourmet. They call constantly to tell you you've "won" something. They were calling 10 times a day and I finally I got them to stop calling by saying I'd contacted my lawyer about harassment. I really didn't call anyone, but it got them to stop calling me.
  • edited December 2011
    Yikes! they have only called twice and I told them I wouldn't be in town this weekend to pick up my "gift" so hopefully they leave me alone... but it doesn't sound like they give up easily!
  • heather_rae90heather_rae90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yyyyeah, tip for everyone: never sign up for anything with vendors that deal with cookware or dinnerware (i.e. Simplicity Gourmet and Pink Apron Bridal Preview). They'll spam call you like no other. Scammm.
  • sam09sam09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what they want you to go pick up is at one of their sales presentations. I've heard you have to sit through a pretty long, high pressure sales pitch. the same thing happened to us. Although when I started asking around about it, when they called next I said we werent' interested and told them not to call anymore.
  • terrijasonterrijason member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we had this last year.... they want you to come sit through a presentation for a set of pots and pans that cost like $8,000 to $10,000. it was rediculas and they try to bribe you with a free vacation but you can only take it during certain times of the year. We went to it and DONT DO IT!! it was a waste of time.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    It is.  Don't be surprised if they call you 10 times a day for the next month either.
  • edited December 2011
    It is a scam!  I went to a bridal show last year and they called me several times a day.  I told them we weren't interested and they KEPT calling, so I told them we broke off the wedding- I think they got the hint!
    sad
  • edited December 2011
    When I go to bridal shows I ONLY put my email address down...I learned last spring to not put my number down bc they will call 20 times a day and tell you you've won something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards