Wedding Etiquette Forum

confessions/vents/jokes go here

Re: confessions/vents/jokes go here

• Vent: My boss told me 45 minutes before I was scheduled to leave I'd need to stay late to help him with cases that have to be filed on Monday.  It's Friday, FFS. We couldn't have done this before NOW?!?This is the second time he's done something like this this week.  I'm getting awfully cranky about it.
  • Aww, I can't believe anyone could be mean to that sweet face. Her coat reminds me of a weimaraner, I finally gave in and told H we could get one, as long as he was responsible for scooping poop.
  • kati and TiDa - I had to list all my sexual conquests down in a private LJ entry because I was starting to forget (all 12) of them.  What thread brought this up?  Damn work getting in the way of knotting.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I confess that I knew FI's mom wasn't actually going to come this weekend.  She's a total flake but I pretended to be surprised and concerned when he told me she wasn't coming. I also confess that I haven't felt very close to FI during the past couple of weeks.  It bothers me, but it should probably bother me a lot more.  I've been rather bitchy and cold, so some of it is probably my fault.Joke: Two women friends had gone out for a Girls Night Out, and had been decidedly over-enthusiastic on the cocktails. Incredibly drunk and walking home they suddenly realized they both needed to pee. They were very near a graveyard and one of them suggested they do their business behind a headstone or something. The first woman had nothing to wipe with so she took off her panties, used them and threw them away. Her friend however was wearing an expensive underwear set and didn't want to ruin hers, but was lucky enough to salvage a large ribbon from a wreath that was on a grave and proceeded to wipe herself with it. After finishing, they made their way home.The next day the first woman's husband phones the other husband and said, "These damn girls nights out have got to stop. My wife came home last night without her panties." "That's nothing," said the other. "Mine came back with a sympathy card stuck between the cheeks of her butt that said, 'From all of us at the Fire Station, Well never forget you!'
  • Puppies and Rainbows Dudley-Style: Ricks - You're one of my favs and I love you even more bc we are both in the same profession, which makes you 1000x more awesome. Coffer - You're such a sweetheart, also so encouraging. Whit - You're adorable. I love reading your posts. And I love our secret hotel room with sucrets =) Sucrets - Awesome. I'm also way excited that you're having a baby. Scoetto - You make me smile =) I love our chats. Cew - I love our chats too. You're a great gal and I want to get to know you better! Salt - You always bring the funny and make me laugh. Bec - You're a sweetheart and I always enjoy when you post. Alix - You're gorgeous. Georgia - You noticed me when no one else did! Much love to you girl.Jasmine - Thank you for thinking of me! You're so sweet!TJ - I always enjoy your posts and you cracked me up in poli's post yesterday.Brie - You're awesome.Sascha - You're gorgeous.Anna - You're effin hilarious too, and I want your food.Nebb - I enjoy your posts too. You're hilarious too.Tide - I love your baby's name, and I loved it when you called out KA months ago over on Chit-chat.Fishy - It's a given. You always bring the bluntness and hilarity. You're pretty much the awesomeness.
  • Thanks, kati!

• Since I did miss the puppies and rainbows, I decided to continue it here.  Along with most of the people that got mentioned several times, here are some of the people I like (I, too, am forgetting a bunch, but these people need to be noted too I think):champagne, ricks, dudley, mocha, anna.oskar, ring pop, dani, schaal, ggmae, sucrets, expat, mandy, mrs b, georgia, mocha, brie, lpstl, golfer's lady, and now megg (yet another stl girl!).  Clearly these are not in any order. 
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Some girl on my month board was worried she hasn't booked enough yet. She has photographer, venue, dress, STDs and I think something else. A bunch of other girls told her "don't worry, you're totally on track. I have all that, plus my BM dresses, invitations and DJ booked. But you have time!"We are all getting married in October of 2010. I have NOTHING booked. I'm hoping to get a venue in the next few weeks. I talked to a reasonably-priced photographer today who is already booked on my date. WTF? How did my parents plan a wedding in 9 months? (After dating for 9 months.) OH YEAH. It was 30 years ago and they didn't need to worry about a venue because my dad was a volunteer firefighter and they used my dad's fire hall for the reception.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • You just want me for my food.  *sigh*I'm okay with that.  Just nice to be used.
  • I confess I'm whitening my teeth at work :) Wedding is in 8 days, need them to be sparkly!
  • lpstl, I am not sure what area you are in, but let me know if you want to see the website of the dane rescue. So many of them are in need of a good home. And yeah, she was beaten, starved, etc. It was bad. But she has made a full recovery and loves DH and I.
    photobucket-29369-1334754217385 2012-12-30_13-03-57_810_zps6f98a3be
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aww Dudley TY! TY. We could meet one day you know. ADA convention!
  • And nebb, tide, and scoetto, among others.
    Married
    Planning
  • Duds - aw, <3!  I posted 3 earlier, but then I had to go work.  Stupid work.

• Dudley I'm going to forgive you for forgetting me only because I know we have mutual love.
  • MsMeryMac, I'm an Oct. 10er too.  I have nothing booked yet, but do have my venues chosen and will be booked soon.  I don't like that board because they have waaaaaaay too much done and there's too much puppies and rainbows over there.  Don't feel bad!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • damnit! and east and kati and oot for virtually helping me quit smoking. ps, I'm not intentionally leaving people like moose, fish, salt, bec, etc. off of the list, it's just that they already got so much love!
    Married
    Planning
  • Kati! I love you too man! I didn't recognize you at first because of your new sig. Is that you? The brown hair totally threw me off.
  • and east and kati and oot for virtually helping me quit smoking.Yay!  I'm proud - and jealous, as I cheated again this week :(
  • Missy was left out of the Puppies and Rainbows thread - she has such an amazing story and she is always so positive!Duds - you are the sweetest! tlv - I love your house. I want it. cew - I just love you, girl!RachnRich - I like your funnyGeorgia - my first P&E friendNebb - You know!Tide - I love your sensibilitySalt & Bec I love reading your posts!And a bunch more...
  • Yay, Dud, I love ya!  I couldn't post as many as I wanted because I had to leave.  I hate leaving people out :(

• Confession: I don't know WTF is wrong with me that I can't let go of the anomosity I have for FI's brother's wife. Just the mention of her name makes my blood boil.Also, I am missing the east coast very badly.  Andplusalso, I, too am sad that I missed the lovefest earlier today. I love puppies and rainbows and P&E!
  • ^&%$@$)And cacoffer, shan, sasha, amrs, verona, alix, vogt, ...WTF I love everyone.
    Married
    Planning
  • Kati! I love you too man! I didn't recognize you at first because of your new sig. Is that you? The brown hair totally threw me off.Yeah I really need to pick a hair color.  I think I'm sticking with blonde for good now.  I wanted to do something Halloween-y in the spirit of October.  Maybe I'll dig up my Batgirl pics from two years ago.
  • J&K - thanks! I'm thinking, "You know, I'm already busy right now anyway. I don't want to bit sitting around in a few months twiddling my thumbs." I think I'll have enough to keep me occupied, even though we're trying to keep it low key. Fun and classy, but hopefully not terribly stressful or detail oriented. Also, I've only been engaged a week and a half.I don't even regret the townie whose name I remember only because it was tattooed on his bicep. I truly believe that all of those experiences will allow me to be happy with FI without ever wondering "what if?" about anyone else.I feel the same way and I made some BAD choices. Guy in Vegas. Check. Friend's neighbor who was a crack addict. Check. (I'm not kidding - the friend who introduced me to that guy also introduced me to my fiance. Go figure.) Also, I slept with that drug addict twice. I didn't find out about the crack until the second time. He was nice. And really hot. But oh god, hell no.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I'm a little sad that tlv has updated her list about 3 times now and still hasn't mentioned me :(Haha, jussssst kidding! 

• I'm also sad to have missed rainbows and puppies. 
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • msmery, that's awesome, I guess that guy felt like he owed you after the crackhead?  I am now fully convinced we need to do a GTG at some point.
  • Q*#$&^Q@)*(#$&@)#(*!Q_@#You want to hear something funny? I was actually writing down names as I was reading so I wouldn't forget who to put on my list, and your name actually is on the written part, it just didn't make it to the post for some reason.  I'm a nerd.  Also, you got plenty of love earlier :) Also, I think I need to change my sig picture, I think people like my house more than me. Just for more puppies and rainbows: wino, j&k, jadesbaby, lala, shanonalise, whit, daff, E (unless is the third thursday of every other month that also falls on a full moon, cuz then she's crazy), valley, and if I forgot you this time, just assume I like you unless i"ve called you a biitch or a brat in the recent past. I quit.
    Married
    Planning
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards