Registry and Gift Forum

What to register for?

We are TOTALLY lost on registering for gifts.We already have owned a home for a year and have more than enough in it.We really cant think of anything to register for, and the honeymoon has been booked. Any Ideas???
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What to register for?

• and no, I dont plan on asking for money!
  • send me a message at my wedding email:  anna.oskar@yahoo.  I'm in the exact same situation as you and have  come up with tons of great things that I have put on the registry.  Funny since I originally thought we had almost everything.
  • We've lived together for a while as well so we didn't really "need" anything but we decided to upgrade a lot of what we did have, like pots & pans, knives, dishes, appliances, etc. We actually plan on keeping a lot of the old stuff that we already have but we will either sell or donate the older bigger items that we don't have room for.We also registered for fine china which we didn't already have.
  • Things like sheets and towels wear out eventually. I'm not necessarily tossing out my sheets, but I'm adding a new set into the mix or I'm putting the new set in the linen closet and will pull it out in a year or two when it's time to replace. We just bought a house in February but we didn't buy any high end appliances (like the stand mixer) because we were engaged and were hoping to get some things like that as a wedding present.
  • We both lived on our own, and were combining two households when we got married - so we had two of everything! So since we already had an overly stocked kitchen, we registered for the more traditional items that we would probably never justify buying for ourselves someday... silver, crystal, fine china, formal table linens, etc. I know as a guest I prefer giving gifts like that anyway, because chances are the couple will use those kinds of gifts much longer than mixing bowls or spatulas anyway!
  • What about fine china, casual (but high quality) china, sterling flatware, really amazing crystal? Plus the extras, like nice decanters? Or, you can register for wines (I forget where, but no someone who did it). Or, if you really really really don't want anything, try a charity registry --- though friends I know who have done this were surprised how much people did not go this route and just bought something...I guess people like to give something that they know the couple will have and think of them when they use
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com
  • Its not to the same magnitude but I guess I understand where the gift giving comes from... People want to buy things that we will use and remember them by.. almost the same way with the favors, we are doing personalized shot glasses so its something they can keep and remember us by...or use them and not remember :P
  • Maybe you can register for some random stuff you may or may not use at a few of your favorite stores and then exchange them for store credit? That way people who really want to give gifts (especially during showers) can give you something and you can decide later if you really need it. Hopefully these people never come to your home though and ask to see it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards