California-San Diego

Honeymoon San Diego to Napa

We are planning our honeymoon to cali! We are drinving up the coast from San Diego - Napa! We would love opinions on places to stay and things to do in the cities listed! 2-3Nights in San Diego1N in LA2-3N in Monterey2-3N in San Fran3-5N in Napa to relax and drink wine! =)Thanks so much!

Re: Honeymoon San Diego to Napa

• musiccaabmusiccaab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just took a driving trip down the coast and had an especially great time in Monterrey because of ourr super luxurious hotel.  We Pricelined our room and got the amazing InterContinental Hotel Clement, which is right next to the aquarium.  The room had a fireplace in it and an ocean view, and we scored it for $100! You might want to give that a try!
  • edited December 2011
    ohhh i looked at that place!! looked amazing! thanks i will try that!!
  • genevingenevin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SD: try The Ivy hotel downtown...you'll LOVE it! Go to Coronado (the Del) and rent bikes (so fun), Lei Lounge for food. LA--depends on what you want to experience...def. need to see Hollywood and maybe stay in Santa Monica. I'm not a big fan of LA but you'll see some famous people in Malibu and Hollywood. Chateau Marmont for food if you want to see some stars and pay $$$$. San Fran--Four Seasons, Mark Hopkins, Sir Francis drake or some of the fun boutique hotels...they also have a W. Shopping in Union Sqaure. Food--so many good places; First Crush, Foreign Cinema. Go to mama's n washington square for breakfast one day. Go out in The Marina. Go to Alcatraz or cruise in the bay. Amazing city--I lived there for two years and LOVED it! Napa....too many good wineries to list. ZD, Rombauer, Frank Family...they have a wine train...havent' done it but I've heard its fun. Have a blast!
  • edited December 2011
    This isn't exactly something to do in those cities, but you've picked a GORGEOUS honeymoon drive.  The stretch from San Simeon to Monterey is probably my favorite piece of coastline anywhere.If you're interested in it, Hearst Castle is in San Simeon.  There are different tours to pick from (having been on tour 2, I'd recommend it), and I enjoyed seeing the opulence.  There are also tons of pullouts along the drive (San Simeon to Big Sur is corkscrew twisty driving with only a few tiny towns), some with small hiking trails.  Sand Dollar Beach is pretty in the Los Padres National Forest that you'll go through.http://www.hikinginbigsur.com/hikes_sanddollar.htmlIn Monterey, I liked the aquarium and Cannery Row.  I didn't get much chance to explore anywhere else, but it sure is pretty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards