Wedding Party
Options

What do the dads wear?

My wedding in January isn't formal enough for the men in the bridal party to be wearing tuxes. We've opted to have everyone wear black suits. So, my question is, should the ties of the usher and best man (those are the only two guys in the BP) match the ties of the FOB and FOG? Or should the FOB and FOG wear completely different style and color of ties? Should the FOB and FOG match each other? Any style advice is greatly appreciated!

Re: What do the dads wear?

• Options
    My dad wore the same tux as the GM, my FIL wore one of his own suits. I reserved tuxes for both of them and let them know they were available if they wanted them but that it wasn't necessary to order them. So we didn't have matching dads and the wedding still went off without a hitch :)
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Unless they are in the WP, dads choose their own attire. You don't have anything to do with it unless they ask you about the level of formality. Then you would tell them that the WP are wearing black suits.
  • Options
    We let the dads choose what they wanted to wear. They ended up wearing the same thing as the GM.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    FOB and FOG are not Wp and as such get to pick whatever attiore they would like that matches wedding formality so most likely their favorite suit and tie regardless of suit or tie color
  • Options
    My wedding happens to be formal, so when my dad asked if he should wear a tux, I told him it wasn't nesessary, but it was up to him. Turns out, all WP and both dads are wearing tuxes. My groom has a different boutenier(sp?) than his guys, and the dads have different than the guys but match each other. It should ultimately be up to each father what he wants to wear, but even if they all end up the same, something as minor as a different tie or flower should be perfectly fine. Heck, if he wants to show up in a hawaiian shirt, so what. Everyone will be looking at YOU
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards