New York-Long Island
Options

Save the date help....please

Hi girls. I'm sending out save the dates and a question came up on the addressing a label.  If a guest is not engaged to anyone do you address the label with "& Guest" or just their name?  Obviously, the wedding invitation will say "& Guest" but does a Save the Date?  Please help. Thankzs.

Re: Save the date help....please

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i put both g/f, b/f names on each line and then their address. if i wasn't sure of & guests yet, b/c it's still early, i just addressed it to the person i obviously know and want to come:-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I knew who was getting a +1, so we addressed them to Mr. Smith & Guest. I don't think it has to though so if you are unsure, then definitely don't add it in.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was under the impression that "and guest" means your guest gets to invite whomever they want as their date.  When you include both names of the couple, you are expliciting saying that they are both invited as your guests.Last year a friend broke up with his long-term girlfriend just 2 weeks before another good friend's wedding.  Their invitation had been sent to both of them, not as "and guest".  As such, it created a tricky situation for them- are they both still invited seperately, or is the ex-gf now not invited?  I think it's just best to go with your gut.  You don't want to offend the long-term gfs/bfs by not mentioning them on the invite, but I'm not sure it's quite as important for a save the date.I don't think I helped at all.  Haha sorry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ha ha ha, you're funny Weddingbells2010.   U were a help.  Any advice is helpful right now because I really don't want to offend anyone.  I think like you said, I should go with gut on certain people.  Thanks so much ladies. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I completely get what you're saying weddingbells! It did make sense! And I agree- only list both names if, in the event their relationship ends, you want to invite them both separately to the wedding. Otherwise, & guest it is!
  • Options
    FaeStarsFaeStars member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For a save the date, I'd just put the name without & guest. For me, save the dates are for those people who I REALLY want to be there, like family and very close friends and those who have a long way to travel. I'm not really worried about guests of people who aren't in long term committed relationships at the save the date point.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting ready to send my  save the dates and addressed them to families like - "The Garcia Family", or just to the person we are iniviting for friends...I figured the invitiation would say guest and they would get it from there! LOL
  • Options
    bonniebrettbonniebrett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree with weddingbells. if someone is getting invited with a particular guest, you should write the guest's name. If you are inviting with a guest, but the guest is their choice, then i would send the save the date without "and guest" and just put "and guest" on the invitition. we are not inviting single people with a guest, only if they are in a relationship. we don't want to leave it up to them to bring who they want to the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You ladies are awesome!!! That's what exactly what i did.  BIG help.  Thank you. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards